Books

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Timmy59

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been building the library since the 1st post . Several excellent recommendations and I've only returned 1 that I felt was too common and redundant. Ruth stout and deep mulch gardening is where we're at today . I've only gotten 1 so far but the old school writings, pictures and know how are very enjoyable and quite entertaining. To quote a comment I saw, Ruth is a hoot.

Attachments

• 20230226_130200.jpg
    20230226_130200.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0

Forgalspop

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just finished reading Caravans by James A. Michener. The setting takes place in Afghanistan shortly after WWII. The book was written in 1963. James A. Michener spent time in Afghanistan and provides great insights to the culture, landscapes and the politics at that time. The book is fiction, but Michener blends fictional locations and characters with actual locations and persons in such a way that they mesh well.

In the book Caravans, James A. Michener is forward looking in regards to Russian and the United States future involvement in Afghanistan.

In all his books, he does vast research and for me, provides great insight to the history, landscapes and culture of the area he is writing about.

I recently finished his book, Mexico. It too provides great knowledge regarding the history of Mexico going back to ancient Aztec and other indigenous peoples. The book's theme centers around bull fighting. I Found out there is more to bull fighting than meets the eye. This too is a fiction that blends history with fiction.

I am getting ready to start his book, Alaska.

I am not typically a fan of autobiographies, as typically they can be slanted in the authors favor and leave much lacking. James A. Michener's autobiography, The World Is My Home, is one of the best autobiographies I have read. He led an amazing life and traveled the world. He also was a prolific writer.

Latest posts

Top Bottom