2022 Deer Pics/Chatter/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tim003

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I bought this place 3 years ago, I could only identify 5 resident doe and 7 bucks. The previous owners decimated the doe population.

I have been putting in a lot of work to improve the habitat. Mowing, native grass management and of course, food plots. My daughters have taken a few bucks but the doe have been off limits. As you can see here, my efforts are paying dividends. There are 11 doe/fawns in this picture and one 2 1/2 year old buck. On the south end of the property, I’ve got another 10 doe/fawns. We have a few doe on the hit list this year. One old nag in particular that is barren and a real beotch.

It is nice to see your hard work pay off and as I sit here and watch 3 fawns run like crazy, playing chase without a care in the world, I am glad to have made things better for them.

View attachment 314294

What a great outdoor paradise you got there! How many acres dìd you purchase?

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What a great outdoor paradise you got there! How many acres dìd you purchase?
82.5 ac. It sits in the middle of 2 dead sections at the end of a dead end road, so no road hunters. Only access point via a road is through my gate.

I have access to the 160 next to me but seldom do anything over there other than mow trails.

kwaynem

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got the meats!
50F1DFC6-A21D-4899-A310-E5D18D1D9933.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:

meatGrinder

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Good job on the doe. I wish a big fat doe would walk in front of my scope. Only deer coming out in shooting time are small bucks. Does are around, just hard to come by. Last 2 leases we've had have had very few does around and a good number of decent mature bucks. Sometimes I just want to put a nanny on the dirt!

16colt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well dangit @16colt. Best of luck!
Well no luck. I spent the morning looking. Had a guy and his dog come out, but we never got on a trail any further than what I had found the night before. Bummer. I guess I need to practice more. The one on the left is the one I was after.

Last edited:

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well no luck. I spent the morning looking. Had a guy and his dog come out, but we never got on a trail any further than what I had found the night before. Bummer. I guess I need to practice more. The one on the left is the one I was after.
View attachment 314398
Dang. Did the tracker say if he thinks it was a mortal wound? Those guys are pretty good at predicting whether the deer will survive or not.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Man, I missed alot today while driving home. Congrats to Kirk and Kenny!!! :thumb:

16colt, don’t beat yourself up about losing your buck, because if a person hunts enough and shoots at enough, it’s going to happen. Which tracker did you use? Like undeg01 said, those guys can usually give you a pretty good idea if the deer will survive.

Latest posts

Top Bottom