2023 Deer Pics/Chat/Excuses

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only deer I’ve seen this morning was the fawn bedded in the yard at the end of my cabin. It laid there while I walked right past it, headed to the blind. Been pouring rain here since 7:00am.

I am thinking that when the rain stops and it is below freezing tomorrow morning through Wednesday should be good.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Only deer I’ve seen this morning was the fawn bedded in the yard at the end of my cabin. It laid there while I walked right past it, headed to the blind. Been pouring rain here since 7:00am.

I am thinking that when the rain stops and it is below freezing tomorrow morning through Wednesday should be good.
Speak of the devil… Guess he followed me to the blind.

This is the second year in a row that a doe has chased off her buck fawn and he has taken up residency in my yard. Guess they feel safe there with the yard light or something.

IMG_4933.jpeg

AER244

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Younger Bucks are starting to get rowdy on my place. Really young ones are chasing does around and ruining my hunts. Rattled in an awesome 3.5yo yesterday morning - he was pissed and put on a great show. I tried to upload a video but it’s too big (it’s only 39 seconds). I saw 12 coyotes. Shot one, and Need to shoot a lot more. I think the older deer will start getting lonely soon. Looking forward to tonight

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spotlighters are out tonight. Just had one shining the field across the road. I was on my way to the greenhouse to put some wood in the stove. Put the flashlight beam in their direction and they sped up a little.

My hay guy couldn't get my field cut up to the road on my west side so they can't see the deer as well this year. Hopefully the deer will stay farther back in the tender regrowth.

Every year damn near every night this time of year.

undeg01

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Spotlighters are out tonight. Just had one shining the field across the road. I was on my way to the greenhouse to put some wood in the stove. Put the flashlight beam in their direction and they sped up a little.

My hay guy couldn't get my field cut up to the road on my west side so they can't see the deer as well this year. Hopefully the deer will stay farther back in the tender regrowth.

Every year damn near every night this time of year.
I hate spot lighters! I used to have a place that was so bad, I wouldn’t sit on the road side of the creek that paralleled the road. One of the biggest selling points when I bought my current property was the fact that it sits at the end of a dead end oil lease road and right in the middle of two dead sections. If anyone spot lights on my place, they are either going to be on foot or at the entry gate by my cabin because that is the only vehicle access point to my property.

Latest posts

Top Bottom