22 lr semi auto pistols

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cyberslider

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife wants to pick up a 22 lr semi auto pistol. What would you guys recommend?

We went to the gun show and almost bought a Puma 1911-22 (which she really liked) for about $210 but, the guy selling turned out to be a real azzhat (Kings Gun in Cushing) and we didn't get it.

She doesn't really want one of those that have a 7 inch barrel.

Also, we are looking to spend around 200 to 300 bucks. Don't want to spend 500 or more on this.

Thanks!

Last edited:

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This has been covered many times on here, but I would let her try a Browning Buckmark. They are simple and fun. We shoot alot of 22s. My wife had the P22 and liked it, but not as much as the Buckmark.

natgas

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the Ruger 22/45 and it was a pain to take down; in addition, it had problems feeding; I now shoot only the BuckMark Camper and have yet to have a FTE, FTF, etc.

And, the BuckMark is a breeze to clean/takedown

stroker-c10

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would have to say Browning buckmark or I have had my eye on a s&w 22a. I have shot the ruger mk and walther p22 and liked both, however, not a big fan of the sig mosquito.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I've had and shot several .22 pistols and here's my take.

Ease of take down and cleaning, S&W 22A, short barrel Walther P22, 1911 type .22, Browning BuckMark and the last Ruger

Fun factor, P22, Buck Mark, 1911 types, Ruger and 22A

Accuracy, Buck Mark, Ruger, 22A and P22, 1911 types

Cost, 22A, Buck Mark, 1911 types or conversion kits, P22 , Ruger

Favorite, still like the P22 because of the double action trigger, ease of loading mags and it's just a fun lil gun. BuckMark is a very close second because of dead on accuracy and very comfy grips.

Biggsly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also had a Sig Mosquito that was nothing but problems. I am not saying that they are all bad, but my cousin bought one and could not get it to shoot either.

Latest posts

Top Bottom