22 pistol can choices

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jango8753

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Recently purchased the AAC Element 2... just waiting on it now. in my research with the host of the 22/45 it was the best fit to the gun physically, and had good sound reduction. silencerco's youtube channel does a good job of showing them next to each other and even in that test the element2 performed better. when it came time to buy between the sparrow and the element. element was in stock on hand and ready to go.

youtube was a big help for me.

Gabriel42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have a Sparrow in ATF jail. Only other one I may buy in the extremely near future is a TacSol Cascade or Ti version and the reasons are two fold. First, getting a crazy good deal and second, it marries up to the end of my Ruger 22/45 that has a TacSol replacement upper on it.

Maverick21

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
SWR Spectre II.

Rates just as quiet as the sparrow but doesn't have the first round pop that is common in the sparrow. Only trade off is the extra inch in length which I figure I been trying to get an extra inch all this time anyway so what's the harm?

Surveyor1653

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think that the past opinions on the Huntertown were that it's fine for what it is: A budget K baffle can that comes with all the same problems that K baffle cans have. Some don't appreciate the weight and for most those things and others add up enough that the cost savings doesn't offset all of the perceived issues. That's how I've come to understand it, anyway.

Sturgell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a Spectre ii and it is the most fantastic can I have shot, followed by the Sparrow. I love the ease of disassembly and the ability to shoot up to 5.7/22 WMR/17HMR. I also own a SS Mite and I wouldn't recommend that piece of **** to anyone, worst design ever. I wish I had done more research and not let a vendor sell me an inferior suppressor, actually 2 of them the other being a Cobra M2...noisy, hard to disassemble, and not at all worth spending money on.

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you considered an integrally suppressed barrel Michael? I've seen some Mk.IIs with those in action, and they are pretty impressive. Don't know if anybody makes them for the .22/45 though.

Latest posts

Top Bottom