22LR Ammo Range Report - Winchester 555 round bulk pack *FAIL*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gallk

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Scored 3 boxes of this ammo recently on a visit to WM so I thought I would run it this weekend to see how it was. Bottom line - Not so good. I had consistent problems in 3 different guns, guns that I know run (10/22 with Kidd parts, Mark II & a single six). The Mark II seemed to consistently fail to strip off the 2nd round then the rest of the mag was hit and miss. Failures to feed, eject, double feed. You name it. The 10/22 wouldn't run at all and the single six wouldn't even let the round chamber completely In the cylinder. Guns all cleaned and functioning perfectly with other more trusted ammo (minimag, super x etc.). So I'm here to ask the communities opinion on this ammo. Is it junk? Did I get a bad batch? Any experience (good or bad)? Right now, based on the performance I wouldn't even sell this off as I would feel guilty. Let me know what you know. Thanks

Attachments

• image-50936887.jpg
    image-50936887.jpg
    58.3 KB · Views: 203

jrusling

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have found that CCI MiniMag's are the best for me. Our Mark III's just never fail with them. I will shoot some of the cheaper 22's in my bolt action rifle, but that is all.

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
My 10/22 doesn't like them, but it does like Remmy GB's, hates Federals BP.
Browning Buckmark will shoot the Winchesters as will the 15-22.

If you don't want them, I'll buy them from ya!

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've ran tons of of the Winchester Bulk through my Mark III 22/45. I've had a FTF and FTE here and there, but nothing crazy. I'd gladly buy that Winchester off of you or trade you some 9mm for it.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I've had hit and miss results with the 555 and 333 packs. my neos doesn't like them but revolvers don't care.

Old Fart

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have almost never had a problem with that ammo. I say almost never because I can't think of any but may have. You may have just got a bad lot or something. Maybe you weren't holding your mouth correctly.

Latest posts

Top Bottom