.22LR pistol for plinking

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Never owned a buckmark, but have always owned the rugers. Early on with the Mark I's, the only problems were with shooting the wax lubed bullets that would build up on the feed ramp, and cause a jam, but 10 seconds with a pocket knife would cure that. Now with just shooting the copper jacketed, I have gone thru the MarkII, and now have the MarkIII hunter.
I also really enjoy shooting my S&W K22 Masterpiece revolver. It has the best trigger pull of all, and like was said before, It doesn't care how dirty it is.:D

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_PC150300.jpg

aimg.photobucket.com_albums_v252_dennishoddy_P8200004.jpg

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a 6 1/2" Single Six and it is a blast to shoot. Really easy to hit with also. I've burned countless boxes of .22 ammo making a tin can jump around the yard.

I'll be getting a Ruger auto .22 here in the next couple months, still have not decided which one I want yet. The 22/45 makes sense because I shoot a 1911, but I like some of the Mark I,II, and III's also.

JWE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm surprised you guys have left out the High Standard 22 pistols, such as the model 101s, 102s, and 103s. I've owned several and they've been great.

Also the earlier Belgium made Brownings such as the Nomad and Challenger.

The 2nd generation Colt Woodsman's were also excellent shooters.

AirMech74

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've always liked the Buckmarks, but I just love my Ruger MKII. Yes, its hard to strip and put back together, but other than that, no complaints, it shoots great and feels great.

ai146.photobucket.com_albums_r268_jaymzb74_Gun_20pics_MynewTacSolMKII1_1.jpg

LivinLightly

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used the MKIII with fluted bull barrel. Loved it. Haven't shot the Browning so can't really make a good comparison. They say that taking the MKIII apart is like Rugers own little Rubics Cube...

watchcollector1968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a SIG Mosquito that is a lot of fun to shoot. Seemed to have taken a lot of shooting to break it in though...over a thousand rounds but now it is reliable with everything, including the bulk-box stuff.

If I could only keep one .22 though it would be my Single-Six...probably the most fun gun I own.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife has a P22 and it's a good little gun, I'd shoot it more often if it wasn't pink, holding a pink gun at a range is funny for a few minutes - then people start looking at you like a weirdo. Seriously though, it's a great little gun and we'll probably get one in black or digital desert camo because I really like it. It's easy to break down, we shoot Blazer out of it, which is pretty dirty stuff even for .22, and it still doesn't jam. I'm sold on the gun.

Latest posts

Top Bottom