2nd Annual North Canadian Coyote Contest!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok if by any chance anyone registered last night on the web site please do it again. We have worked out the bugs and we are now getting the emails.

je4bowhuntin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hope there's a good turn out Marcus we are pumped about the tourney and I got another buddy that is working on getting a team together that should be in contact with you soon!

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have almost 20 teams called in and registered. If you have any questoins feel free to call at anytime or send me a pm. Hope to have 30 + teams this year.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So i have 20 + teams as of now pre registered. Remember Saturday the 29th is the last day to mail in your money if you dont want to drive to Mcloud. If you have any questions call me at anytime. Marcus 405-496-7851

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you have not registered you are fine. The preregister was more for the people that wanted to send in there money and not show up the night before. If you get your money in by today it should still get to me before the meeting on Saturday. If you just want to show up on Friday for the meeting then bring your money then.

MarcusR

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Update on how it went. We had a good turn out with 17 teams. The snow made for a tough day of hunting but we all had a good time. We made 16 stand during the day and did not call our first dog in till 2 pm. We called in a pair at 2, hit one at about 150 yrd with .204 and followed blood for almost a mile, never found him. Called in another around 3:30 and shot him about 30 yrd in river bottom. Made our last stand about 5:45 and sat near a tree line about 50 yrd off of it. We called for about 10 minutes and in came a little female. My buddy shot her and we continued to call being it was our last stand. My other buddy was sitting on the same tree as i was but on the side of me. All I hear him say is hey, "CAT" and bang. It was our frist time ever to shoot something and continue to call and bring another in. It was a great day and good time.

As for how the Tourney goes. 1st place was 4 dogs, 2nd was 2 dogs and a cat, and 3rd was 1 dog and 1 cat. 1st place paid $1000.00, 2nd 300.00, and 3rd was 100.00. Had some good sidepot money as well. Bid dog was 32 lbs and little was 20 lbs. One team brought in what looked like a chupacabra and won the mangiest dog.

I just hope all that joined and had fun. I invite eveyone that did join or did not even join to give me feed back. I would like to keep this growing and up for any suggestions. We have already made some changes for next year and going to get a few extra things. We will have door prises and a raffle. The money for the raffle will go toward some kids hunting club or a charity. Also we will invite each team to add a kid under the age of 15 to join then if they would like. They cannot be and extra gun but it will get them out in the wood and would be a great day for them. This will be added to the 3 man teams. We will call it "The year of the kids".

Thank you to all that showed and hope to see you again next year. I enjoy doing this and will keep doing it for a long time to come.

Latest posts

Top Bottom