3 gun at OKCGC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Banned Supporter
Reaction score
I had thought about taking it back over from Mike now that I am in town more, but there has been hardly any demand on both Boomershooter (where I can not post) or here so I am not to big on doing so. Lots of work for very little reward. There were several times that I had to set it all up and then tear it all down by myself, which really killed the desire in me. Maybe it is me and if someone else ran it it would work out great with lots of help. I guess you guys could come up with someone and petition the OKC Gun Club board.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm not a member of OKCGC mainly because of the price of the fees. I was back in the eighties, but my payment arrived late one year and I never applied again. My oldest son (Matt) is an active 3 gun shooter and he goes as often as he can.

I hate to see any of the activities go away, cause we need all we can get. Especially in the political climate we have now. I think if there is a drop in interest in three gun, how about replacing it with something else for a while? I hear the all shotgun match went over really well and the PCC is gaining a lot of interest.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
All of those are nicely covered. Tony is doing the all shotgun match every month that that has a 5th Saturday, and PCC is offered once a month at the USPSA match. Now that High Power rifle offers a scoped division, that give guys a place to shoot their rifle once a month as well. As it stands right now, not one single person has tried to contact me about starting it back up.....except a non club member. I just don't see the demand for the work it requires.

Burk Cornelius

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a place on the internet where one can express one's interest in attending this match if it does return

The place is not secret and you can read the name of it on the back of my jersey

uploads.tapatalk_cdn.com_20160614_5293412f27e9123f444b6de0d30892a0.jpg

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
And still not one person asking me to take it back over, even on Boomer. lots of folks saying they would come shoot, but only Mr. Grant said he be there for set up, Burk was iffy andI get it! Its not easy to get off work to set up. Troy and Shane used to show up, but it is the times noone cane make it that suck!

Good news, you can drive 11/2 to 3 1/2.hours and shoot 3-gun in Tulsa and Wichita Falls and Ft. Smith. There is no need for 3-gun at OKC, and no one seems to want to work. I got it! Why work for an hour and a half for a free match.when you can not work and spend that "free money" on gas!!!!! :). Oooppss....still gotta pay the match fee too! Well life ain't free! :)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
And still not one person asking me to take it back over, even on Boomer. lots of folks saying they would come shoot, but only Mr. Grant said he be there for set up, Burk was iffy andI get it! Its not easy to get off work to set up. Troy and Shane used to show up, but it is the times noone cane make it that suck!

Good news, you can drive 11/2 to 3 1/2.hours and shoot 3-gun in Tulsa and Wichita Falls and Ft. Smith. There is no need for 3-gun at OKC, and no one seems to want to work. I got it! Why work for an hour and a half for a free match.when you can not work and spend that "free money" on gas!!!!! :). Oooppss....still gotta pay the match fee too! Well life ain't free! :)
Kurt, I don't shoot three gun, but I have to say that the OKC gun club USPSA and Steel matches that I've attended and there has been many, have a small core of folks that stay and break down after the match is over. 90+ in attendance for USPSA and its a dozen or so that help break down. That's not right, and I think an announcement to request volunteers at the start of the match might be helpful. We all have occasions where the match needs to be shot and make the kids birthday party, but 78 out of 90 every month leaving before break down is too much, and indicative of some lazy shooters.
I don't shoot three gun as it falls the same day as my local range match and I need to support it, but I'd hope somebody with your experience and background could take it over and make it work.
There it is. I've shot your matches before, and they have some really great stages.
Mike did an outstanding job from what I understand, and his desire to take a break is understandable.
There are a lot of area guys that are really into 3 gun, bought the equipment and ready to shoot. I hope they will be the same to set up and break down.
OKC gun club is not the only club that has issues with this, so don't feel alone. Ponca Gun Club has 2-4 dedicated folks that help set up matches, and as soon as some finish, cars begin flying out of the parking lot.

Latest posts

Top Bottom