3 Gun? What Shotgun Do You Use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I've been looking at a new M2 the ones I have seen only have a 18.5" barrel is that to short for 3 gun?

It's pretty short but usable. The 18.5" barrel guns are usually setup for defense/tactical use and have ghost ring sights and cylinder bore only. You don't want the ghost ring and you want a barrel with chokes.

RustyZX9

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK thanks for the reply guess i should just head out to a match and hang out before I get to buying equipment and get a feel for what works

This is the best way to go. I've found that there are lots of knowledgeable people that are more than willing to help out and can save you lots of money and heartache...

jtischauser

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am running a top-o-the-line JP rifle, Benelli, and top-o-the-line polymer pistol G34/35. You are more then welcome to handle and shoot them all out at the match on the 16th. I can bring my backup guns too if it will help somebody be able to shoot The match. Being your own ammo though.

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recently took an 1100 in on a trade. This gun looks to be setup for 3 gun. ''20 barrel, ghost ring rear sight, pistol grip stock, extended mag tube, etc...I only need a front sight, that I can tell at least. Anything I should know about the 1100 before I attempt a 3 gun?

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Keep it clean. Keep it lubed. And check the o-ring every few hundred rounds. Also not a bad idea to keep a few with you in case one decides to go down during a match.
Check.

I'm putting some rounds through it tomorrow at some stationary targets as well as some clays. I'll come back with a range report.

Any sort of front sight recommendation? There's a mossberg adjustable ghost sight on the rear. Fiber optic front? post sight?

onwmed

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, quick range report for the newly acuired 1100 tacical. First shot, no problem. Second shot, CLICK. It didn't eject. The slide would open about halfway, but no empty was able to eject. Checked the springs in the extended mag tube and there is not the little half turn catcher that every other 1100 I've ever seen has had. So, nothing there from keeping the spring from shooting out...which it did exactly that.

Not sure what the problem is, looks like the spring is wrong...it's too loose and weak.

Any thought? Ideas?

This gun also appears that it hasnt been fired much at all. Really stiff. I oiled everything hoping the problem would correct, but no luck.

Latest posts

Top Bottom