3 states have defunded planned parenthood.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, WW2 did involve Christian nations fighting each other. The Vatican was located in the Fascist state of Italy.

i.imgur.com_oHMcjdQ.jpg

So did WWI, and most if not all of the European wars including the 7yrs. war which helped shape future America were over Christianity or between Christians.

Not going to go into big history here but if you are interested some contend the subject you mentioned started with the "Roman question" (temporal power of Popes), and that the Lateran Pacts between Fascist Italy and the Holy See ended it. There were also agreements with Napoleon, Concordat of 1801, and the "Reichskonkordat" with Germany 1933 (The Reichskonkordat is the most controversial of several concordats between Germany and other nations that the Vatican negotiated during the pontificate of Pius XI.)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reichskonkordat

Jesus said his kingdom was not of this world yet much of the what we've seen from most is trying to establish God's kingdom here so they can run it or use the church as moral backing and public motivation for conquest.

Quite a photoshopped pic there...

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You said, "If it is learned through society then it has come from the teachings of the bible." I simply asked if right and wrong can only come from the Bible.

Assuming we are talking about our society, which was founded on Judea-Christian values, I'm leaning toward only 2 sources that ultimately have defined right and wrong. 1. Inspired by God into a persons being, and 2. The bible.

That is why I asked if you had an example. I'm curious to consider this further.

If we are talking about other cultures - isolated tribes with little influence from outside. You still have right and wrong inspired by God but some other source (taboos, teachings from elders, rituals, etc.) that might also define right and wrong.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Okay. That's a good start. Why don't all these women / girls who are not wanting to get pregnant utilizing the free birth control pills instead of running the risk of needing an abortion? I know many parents do not allow their teenage daughters to use birth control. And, some churches / religions are against it. Maybe it is time for them to rethink their positions.

We blame parents for being unreasonable and not giving their kids birth control but that raises the question of parental rights and personal morals. Also when I was young and also later I knew of girls who wouldn't ask for birth control because it meant loosing status with parents(not the innocent princess anymore) or that they would loose freedom because their parents didn't want them having sex.
I also knew at least a couple that didn't want BC because they were "good girls", they may have sex but didn't "plan to" so that made it "different". I also knew girls who didn't intend to have sex but wanted to run and party and would often at times end up loaded and in the sack(not at fault, I was loaded). Maybe part of the problem is we seem want to separate females from human nature and treat them as if they're more moral and holy than men. Where would something like that come from?, Chivalry?, Mariology?, or just weak men who want and worship ***** or know they can gain from pandering to them. After all haven't we accepted Constitutional violations "for the women" just like we have "for the children"? In the past we had "separate but equal", now it often seems we have "equal but special".

MaddSkillz

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Assuming we are talking about our society, which was founded on Judea-Christian values, I'm leaning toward only 2 sources that ultimately have defined right and wrong. 1. Inspired by God into a persons being, and 2. The bible.

That is why I asked if you had an example. I'm curious to consider this further.

If we are talking about other cultures - isolated tribes with little influence from outside. You still have right and wrong inspired by God but some other source (taboos, teachings from elders, rituals, etc.) that might also define right and wrong.

Specifically, what Christian values was this country founded on? And can you support the idea that these values are solely Christian and are not derived from earlier cultures and religions?

The truth is, universal morality (right and wrong) is largely a myth because the premise is derived from myths. Sure, there are common behaviors we define as good and define as bad such as genocide, oh wait. That's not true either. God genocided lots of people. See? Morality isn't universal.

YukonGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Go ahead and read it. It shows the link between federal money and organizations that perform abortions through Medicaid.

Woody

Nobody has said these organizations don't receive federal money. It's clear they do. What I'm saying is no federal money is funding abortions...the federal money goes to other services. Planned Parenthood, in particular, has a clear and public "money trail" to show just that because the last thing they want is to perform something illegally (e.g., using federal money to fund any part an abortion) and be shut down, given that's been illegal since 1976 and the anti-abortion lawyers are just waiting to find evidence of it. So, please do, show *any* evidence that your tax dollars are funding abortions at Planned Parenthood. That document doesn't.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Is "for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap" a rewrite of Karma? Are the 10 commandments or more specifically the laws in Leviticus a rewrite of Hammurabi's Code? It would certainly seem they're very close and would indicate that there is truth and right and wrong before and beyond Judaeo-Christian values.
It might also be noted that many claim Moses in the Supreme Court building as evidence of our Judaeo-Christian values, if so let's remember Muhammad and Draco(as in Draconian laws) are there also, there's also a Roman Centurion with the Fasces. What does the Apotheosis of Washington in the capitol rotunda or the statue of Washington as Zeus indicate as far as Judaeo-Christian values?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apotheosis_of_Washington

Last edited:

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is "for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap" a rewrite of Karma? Are the 10 commandments or more specifically the laws in Leviticus a rewrite of Hammurabi's Code? It would certainly seem they're very close and would indicate that there is truth and right and wrong before and beyond Judaeo-Christian values.
It might also be noted that many claim Moses in the Supreme Court building as evidence of our Judaeo-Christian values, if so let's remember Muhammad and Draco(as in Draconian laws) are there also, there's also a Roman Centurion with the Fasces. What does the Apotheosis of Washington in the capitol rotunda or the statue of Washington as Zeus indicate as far as Judaeo-Christian values?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Apotheosis_of_Washington

I'm no expert here but I think Hammurabi's code is more civil oriented relating more to property law and punishment. I would consider that a defining of right and wrong.

However, in the context of this discussion, abortion, The Old Testament, especially the 10 Commandments, have religious and morality law in addition to addressing civil law. For the purpose of moral right and wrong - I still give the node to the bible.

Billybob

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm no expert here but I think Hammurabi's code is more civil oriented relating more to property law and punishment. I would consider that a defining of right and wrong.

However, in the context of this discussion, abortion, The Old Testament, especially the 10 Commandments, have religious and morality law in addition to addressing civil law. For the purpose of moral right and wrong - I still give the node to the bible.

Don't steal is in both, is that not a moral right/wrong thing or are you speaking of just the specific religious connotations?

OKCHunter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don't steal is in both, is that not a moral right/wrong thing or are you speaking of just the specific religious connotations?

That is property law. "Thou Shall Not Covet Thy Neighbors Wife" is an an example of morality law, which I think, but could be wrong, is not covered in other ancient law. I'd have to research but don't have time at the moment.

From what I have seen and researched in the past, the bible has the most comprehensive listing of right and wrong morality laws and then also includes property laws similar to other ancient civilizations.

Latest posts

Top Bottom