New leak shows ATF planning on issuing rule to eliminate private sale of firearms.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Even if the rule is passed, it will be unenforceable. The ATF doesn't have sufficient manpower to police private firearm sales. It will need to rely on state and city police forces to enforce the law. The gun friendly states have already stated that they will not commit any state resources to enforce the new rules that have already passed. It isn't likely that any of them will take action to enforce this either.
They'll make it one hell of a lot harder to buy and sell, though. All classifieds like we have here, armslist, and other venues including gun shows will dry up, as they'll be shut down, except for dealer/FFL sales only. Hire a few pukes to monitor common sales sites and walk gun show isles trying to trap folks, and their job will be made easier.

Uncle Meat

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
IMG-9632-2904307.jpg

hbokc

Marksman
Reaction score
I said it many times, if openly violating federal laws on POT works in Oklahoma, why should firearm laws matter?

Until I see the feds raid the grows, dispensaries and the homes of those who openly use the stuff, its all clown world.

Not advocating anyone violate any firearms laws or regulations just pointing out the hypacrosy of ignoring one while punishing another.
Medical Marijuana does not impede their ability to control you… Your guns do, and it’s all about controlling the free man…

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My theory is that is pot were legal and more people used it, crime would go up. Studies have proven today's pot, that is high in THC, causes serious mental illnesses. More crime makes it easier to get people to give up more liberty for more security. We will be a true banana republic when they have armed soldiers on every street corner.
I didn't mean this as a joke or to be humorous. On last night's news one councilman in D.C. was wanting National Guard troops called out to help stop the violence there.

OK Corgi Rancher

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They did this on the state level in Colorado in 2013...the same year they outlawed standard capacity magazines (another law that most people ignore). With some limited exceptions all firearm sales have to be thru a dealer. Of course, most of the law-abiding comply, some don't comply when dealing with known people, and it just made criminals out of a bunch of people that otherwise aren't. The really surprising part of this is...and I know this will be a shock...it didn't do anything to curb violence by criminals.

hbokc

Marksman
Reaction score
I didn't mean this as a joke or to be humorous. On last night's news one councilman in D.C. was wanting National Guard troops called out to help stop the violence there.
In D.C. I believe it…
But on the “pot” issue a lot of people use it just like a prescription drug… I have known a few peel heads that you couldn’t even have a conversation with… haven’t seen that much with medical marijuana…

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They did this on the state level in Colorado in 2013...the same year they outlawed standard capacity magazines (another law that most people ignore). With some limited exceptions all firearm sales have to be thru a dealer. Of course, most of the law-abiding comply, some don't comply when dealing with known people, and it just made criminals out of a bunch of people that otherwise aren't. The really surprising part of this is...and I know this will be a shock...it didn't do anything to curb violence by criminals.
Since this is a RULE, not a LAW,
Do we legally have to comply with an unlawful order? To me it’s no different than someone coming to the house trying to take my stuff?

Beautiful Mulberry

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
In D.C. I believe it…
But on the “pot” issue a lot of people use it just like a prescription drug… I have known a few peel heads that you couldn’t even have a conversation with… haven’t seen that much with medical marijuana…
Since 2018 I have contracted with a lot of different MM growers a grow consultant, I stopped last year, about half were so stoned they couldnt remember what was talked about while the others already knew how to grow,
My question became why am I here, why are you paying me? 😆

Latest posts

Top Bottom