30-30 help

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rammulek

Marksman
Supporting Member
Supporter
Reaction score
My older brother has always talked about wanting a lever action 30-30. His birthday is coming up and I was wanting to try and find him one he'd like. Can I get some info on good brands to look at. I think he said the winchester but he's also mentioned something about the side chamber or exit. Something like that. Sorry I'm not more knowledgeable with accurate info.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My older brother has always talked about wanting a lever action 30-30. His birthday is coming up and I was wanting to try and find him one he'd like. Can I get some info on good brands to look at. I think he said the winchester but he's also mentioned something about the side chamber or exit. Something like that. Sorry I'm not more knowledgeable with accurate info.
Marlin and Winchester lever actions are bringing a premium right now. I only mention it, so you don’t get sticker shock. I’m a Marlin fan and have killed A BUNCH of deer and pigs with one, and for scoping up, a Marlin is going to be more user friendly due to a side ejection port.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Marlin and Winchester lever actions are bringing a premium right now. I only mention it, so you don’t get sticker shock. I’m a Marlin fan and have killed A BUNCH of deer and pigs with one, and for scoping up, a Marlin is going to be more user friendly due to a side ejection port.
I have a scope on my Winchester.

Latest posts

Top Bottom