30-30 Winchester Bolt Action

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TedKennedy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What makes it a brush gun? Shooting through brush hoping to hit something or easy to get around in brush?
That slow, low BC 30/30 will cut through brush. You see a Whitetail through a thicket and you don't have a clear shot, but you know about where those vitals are - the 30/30 gets it done.

I can't even type that with a straight face.

What makes the ubiquitous 30/30 an awesome "brush gun" (which it undoubtedly is) is the short barrel, ergonomic design and quick sight acquisition. It is far superior in thick woods because of handling advantages, not any ballistic related attribute.

2busy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
That slow, low BC 30/30 will cut through brush. You see a Whitetail through a thicket and you don't have a clear shot, but you know about where those vitals are - the 30/30 gets it done.

I can't even type that with a straight face.

What makes the ubiquitous 30/30 an awesome "brush gun" (which it undoubtedly is) is the short barrel, ergonomic design and quick sight acquisition. It is far superior in thick woods because of handling advantages, not any ballistic related attribute.
You don't know how many idiots I've heard say it'll bust through brush. And the 45-70 , 444 etc . It was really a rhetorical question.

OlBrownTruck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You don't know how many idiots I've heard say it'll bust through brush. And the 45-70 , 444 etc . It was really a rhetorical question.
Lots of folklore around the 30-30 being a 'brush buster', and I'm sure there are some who would come to blows if you tried to dispute their stories. Truth is, no projectile is impervious to deflection.

Latest posts

Top Bottom