300 AAC Blackout

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

458 SOCOM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have spent the day cutting down 2000 prices of .223 brass for case forming the brass.

Taking a break to eat some supper, then back to the bench to cut them to proper length, chamfer and prime them.

After that I will load some and tomorrow is the range trip.

Kinetics

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
what are you cutting them with? I was thinking about trying to cut a few hundred range pickup .223 that i have but don't know if i have anything to cut them with. may have to get me one of those mini chop saws.

Profreedomokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I use a forming/trim die and cut them off with a hack saw. It is about a six step process to make a round of brass. I guess it's worth it when I'm firing my 300 Whisper AR with the AAC Cyclone and it sounds like an air rifle.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hey buddy,

2K cut and formed in a day (by hand) is hard core! let me know next time and you can come over and convert them here on the 650.

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a dillon 1200 trimmer and a form die. It forms and trims to final length the 223 case as it goes up into the die. every time the handle is pulled it spits out a finished 300BLK case

Here is a crappy video and a picture of the trimmer setup if you look closely in the bullet tray you can see a 223 trim die also look at the toolhaed and see that it is milled down so the trimmer can reach the short case and have room to extract the shavings.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

ASP785

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a dillon 1200 trimmer and a form die. It forms and trims to final length the 223 case as it goes up into the die. every time the handle is pulled it spits out a finished 300BLK case

Here is a crappy video and a picture of the trimmer setup if you look closely in the bullet tray you can see a 223 trim die also look at the toolhaed and see that it is milled down so the trimmer can reach the short case and have room to extract the shavings.

[Broken External Image]

[Broken External Image]

That is a heck of a lot faster than what I am doing...How long does it take you to do say 1000?

Latest posts

Top Bottom