300 Blackout Tracking Point

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Saw one of these at a shop today...is it just me or is that an odd combo?
Super fancy electronic long range scope...set up on a 300 blackout rifle.
If anybody has an extra $6k+ sitting around and wants a super duper long range scope sitting on top of a close/mid range cartridge...I'll point ya in the right direction :D

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
hahaha that's too funny. I have a friend that wants me to help him build a 300 Blackout for long-range shooting. I can't seem to get him to understand that he is choosing the wrong caliber...until last night I finally got him to agree on building an AR-10. I love my 300 Blackout, but I haven't even tried to stretch it out to 200 yards yet.

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too like my 300 Blackout but also know its purpose.

I will say though, we were goofing around one day and have a B27 size steel silhouette set at 500 yard and my 300 Blackout with a Burris Mtac 1-4 could hit it every time. Now, where it hit and with how much energy I will not pretend to guess...but it went DING with every shot I took.

tulsacrittergetter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I too like my 300 Blackout but also know its purpose.

I will say though, we were goofing around one day and have a B27 size steel silhouette set at 500 yard and my 300 Blackout with a Burris Mtac 1-4 could hit it every time. Now, where it hit and with how much energy I will not pretend to guess...but it went DING with every shot I took.

*adamredlines — you have my attention. This makes me extremely curious. I have seen several videos online of people shooting suppressed subsonic 300 Blkout ammo at a steel target from 350 - 400 yards away, and just dinging the crap out of it. How much bullet drop do you have to compensate for, or did you have to all from 500 yards? Dude, if you were hitting ANYTHING at 500 yards with a 1-4x optic, you are a better shot than I am.

Latest posts

Top Bottom