• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to OKShooters Association and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member

North East OK .308 hornady A-max 168gr moly

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Is this item for trade?
  1. For Trade
Trade Value or Items Looking For
155gr or 168gr Amax. Possibly sst
Caliber
74437, Henryetta, Oklahoma, United States
I'm looking to trade these for the same weight amax or 155gr amax. Not moly coated. I bought these and didn't realize they were moly coated I haven't loaded with moly coated projectiles and not sure I want to start.

Attachments

• 20230130_185014.jpg
    20230130_185014.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 3

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
84   0   0
I'm looking to trade these for the same weight amax or 155gr amax. Not moly coated. I bought these and didn't realize they were moly coated I haven't loaded with moly coated projectiles and not sure I want to start.
On thing you may try if you don’t find a suitable trade, is to wet tumble the projos. I have done that to remove the moly coat off of a bunch of 6.5 grendel Projos when I was in the same boat. A good bath in the wet tumbler and they came out sparkly clean!

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
Rating - 98.7%
77   1   0
On thing you may try if you don’t find a suitable trade, is to wet tumble the projos. I have done that to remove the moly coat off of a bunch of 6.5 grendel Projos when I was in the same boat. A good bath in the wet tumbler and they came out sparkly clean!

I heard ammonia will take moly off.

I’d probably try to remove the moly on a box of them and if it works out just keep them, dude.

bink98xcab

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
I've read it's a little harder than that. But who knows, I'll try it on the opened box and see how it goes.

Latest posts

Top Bottom