$31 of pot gives mom 10-year-prison, No prior

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BadBadJohn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm almost there on the legalization of drugs...but not quite.

Stupidity also reigns when you know something is illegal, do it anyway, involve your kids, do it some more, and then act all indignant when you actually get arrested and go to jail.

+1 Gotta agree!

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I don't have all the facts, I can't say much more than I don't agree with the law, but it is against the law. That said, we only know about the two times she sold to an undercover. We don't know what she did outside of that, other than she said she thought it would be a way to make some extra money. I wonder if they searched her home afterwards, and if they found any additional marijuana.

vvvvvvv

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since I don't have all the facts, I can't say much more than I don't agree with the law, but it is against the law. That said, we only know about the two times she sold to an undercover. We don't know what she did outside of that, other than she said she thought it would be a way to make some extra money. I wonder if they searched her home afterwards, and if they found any additional marijuana.

You would have seen a possession w/ intent to distribute charge on the same sheet. Oklahoma loves to stack.

However, she did have another charge filed for possession a week after her conviction. Kingfisher County is non-OCIS, so you can't access the court documents online.

Navydoc

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She was selling illegal drugs in front of her kids!! 10 years is just right and she should not ever be allowed around her kids again. An illegal drug is an illegal drug no matter how it's cut and she was exposing minors to it

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
While I agree with SMS, DG, and BB...

I'm almost there on the legalization of drugs...but not quite.

Stupidity also reigns when you know something is illegal, do it anyway, involve your kids, do it some more, and then act all indignant when you actually get arrested and go to jail.

I'm pretty much on the same page for you. I could support legalizing some drugs, but while it is illegal, if you play stupid games, you win stupid prizes.

+1

I don't agree with the sentence, But she knew it was illegal.

Stay away from trouble and you won't get trouble

This is what is asinine about this sentence...

...more time than many violent criminals get.

cjjtulsa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
She was selling illegal drugs in front of her kids!! 10 years is just right and she should not ever be allowed around her kids again. An illegal drug is an illegal drug no matter how it's cut and she was exposing minors to it

Please. Nor should a soccer mom driving 70 in a 55 while talking on the cell phone with her kids in the back. Yes, it's illegal. Yes, she should have been smart enough not to risk it. And yes, the sentence is far and away excessive for the crime. But "never be allowed around her kids again"?

LightningCrash

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Everything God created is good, and nothing is to be rejected if it is received with thanksgiving,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom