380...hollow point vs FMJ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I just keep coming back to 380 because even the smaller 9mm not so comfy. I have various 9mm options so I couldn't bring myself to spend the money for yet another (Sig p365) on principle (although I know it is pretty popular). But the old PF-9 is honestly still one of the more comfortable 9mm choices, even against the P365. So I decided if a 10+yr old gun with a terrible trigger is easier to carry than various others I've tried, I may as well go back to 380 (hence my question).

I recently go a hold of a box of what WWB 380 and was bummed to see that it is actually jacketed flat points...what's the deal? I'm sure it would punch nicer holes in paper but you never see that in 9mm ammo so why not just regular FMJ's?

Catt57

Gill-Gun Guru
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thanks guys, I just keep coming back to 380 because even the smaller 9mm not so comfy. I have various 9mm options so I couldn't bring myself to spend the money for yet another (Sig p365) on principle (although I know it is pretty popular). But the old PF-9 is honestly still one of the more comfortable 9mm choices, even against the P365. So I decided if a 10+yr old gun with a terrible trigger is easier to carry than various others I've tried, I may as well go back to 380 (hence my question).

I recently go a hold of a box of what WWB 380 and was bummed to see that it is actually jacketed flat points...what's the deal? I'm sure it would punch nicer holes in paper but you never see that in 9mm ammo so why not just regular FMJ's?

I carry a Ruger EC9s (Cheaper version of the LC9s). I find it to be a good carry size for a 9. I can leave it on my hip while driving and don't even notice it. It's not much larger than my LCPII in .380.

https://grabagun.com/ruger-ec9s-black-9mm-3-12-inch-7rds.html
20210902_112443.jpg
20210902_112458.jpg

Last edited:

xseler

These are not the firearms you're looking for.
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'd be glad to let you shoot one of my P365's.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry a Ruger EC9s (Cheaper version of the LC9s). I find it to be a good carry size for a 9. I can leave it on my hip while driving and don't even notice it. It's not much larger than my LCPII in .380.
Nice gun for a good price. I have several 9mm's about the same size and I guess I'm just picky. I'm a glock fan so in that size, I would probably use the G43. The new Ruger max 9 is about same size too and has the extra capacity like the P365.
I'd be glad to let you shoot one of my P365's.

I appreciate it, all that would do is make me buy one LOL. I've missed so many sales on them and the price has gone up as well. I just like something a tad thinner for carry so I've reluctantly not bought one. If I shoot it, I'd probably have to sell one of my other 9's to justify the cost.

But in winter, I can carry the G26 so the P365 is really an in-between gun for the LCP and the G26 so if I was only going to have ONE carry pistol, then that would be the winner.

I'll consider it though...thx for offering.

Latest posts

Top Bottom