3D Printer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking at these printers and will likely buy one for Christmas for the kids.

Anyone have hands on experience? I'm kind of leaning towards the monoprice maker select due to the value for the costs. It seems to have decent quality prints, a decent size print table, and can print a lot of different materials. And they have sales on these with the price around $250.

I drew this last nite using an online app. It's a ring to help mount and aim some fog lights I want to install in my bumper. Now I need to buy the kids a printer so I can print these!

Capture.JPG

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=107&cp_id=10724&cs_id=1072403&p_id=13860&seq=1&format=2&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=_content=13144547_13860&utm_campaign=171122_blackfriday&ref=cj&AID=13144547&PID=2210202&utm_term=Slickdeals+LLC-1122587

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have a monoprice V2 and use the living schitt out of it... No hesitations to buying at all IMO!!
You should start a thread, I’m sure I wouldn’t be the only one interested in seeing some of those projects. I’ve been wanting one for the soul purpose of making synthetic furniture for some of my lever actions.

Last edited:

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Last edited:

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Other then the printer, you'll need some Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software.

I used Google sketchup. It was a steep learning curve to use.
It's a free CAD software, but it's not very friendly to learn to use.
Time and patience, and you'll figure it out.

It's a far far cry from the professional SolidWorks software I have at work.
But (Free) versus ($xxxx), and Sketchup won. I had my little girl something to work on, and no looking back.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Durn it, now you have me thinking about getting the wife a Christmas present :)

Looked into a refurbished Maker Select V2 for about 50 bucks less than new but new includes free shipping which makes the price difference only about $20.00. Might as well buy a new one.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Other then the printer, you'll need some Computer Aided Drafting (CAD) software.

I used Google sketchup. It was a steep learning curve to use.
It's a free CAD software, but it's not very friendly to learn to use.
Time and patience, and you'll figure it out.

It's a far far cry from the professional SolidWorks software I have at work.
But (Free) versus ($xxxx), and Sketchup won. I had my little girl something to work on, and no looking back.
SolidWorks can be had for $40; it's a free benefit to members of the Experimental Aircraft Association, which costs $40 to join:
https://www.eaa.org/en/eaa/join-eaa/individual

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
I know that I probably should start a new thread for this; but, does anyone know anything about 3d scanners? I would love to make 3d replications of some very important artifacts, without breaking the bank.

Latest posts

Top Bottom