3D Printer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have the MOSFET board on order, decided I couldn't build it for $10.00 and ordered it along with some other stuff. Will do the MOSFET after I change the Y-carriage to an aluminum plate. You get what you pay for with this printer, thankfully the mods needed are not that costly.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I drew this last nite using an online app. It's a ring to help mount and aim some fog lights I want to install in my bumper. Now I need to buy the kids a printer so I can print these!

Capture.JPG

Here's the finished print. I used PTEG for the filiment as it has better characteristics for this application.

Talk about slow, due to the type of filiment, I had to print slower than with PLA. This took over 5 hours to print.
IMG_1394.JPG

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is there anyone that got into this whole 3d printer purchasing frenzy that would be willing to print out a small (2.5" x 2.5" x 1.5" or so) item for me. I'm wanting to create a flat spot on my Jeep dash to mount a phone holder, and 3d printing seems to be the best way to do that. I, of course, would be willing to pay for it, if we can come to a reasonable amount for each of us.

Thanks in advance.

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you have the 3D file already done, there are also online 3D-printing services. (I haven't used any, just FYI)

...for the people that can't find 3D-printing friends or neighbors.

I've got a 3D printer, so I'm good. (Norman area)
If you need help, PM me.

kd5rjz

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So whats everybodies thoughts on if they were a worthwhile investment? On one hand I really want one, but on the other hand I am afraid it would sit unused.

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I like it and use it. The novelty wore off pretty fast, but I use it a few times a week. It doesn't eat much and sits there quietly so I let it stay...lol

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I bought mine more as a teaching option for my girl.
I'm still glad I have mine, but the truth is we only use it on rare occasions.

Think of it as your specialized mechanic tool that you only use on rare occasions.
Like a OBD car reader. (or insert your own example here)

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am looking at these printers and will likely buy one for Christmas for the kids.

Anyone have hands on experience? I'm kind of leaning towards the monoprice maker select due to the value for the costs. It seems to have decent quality prints, a decent size print table, and can print a lot of different materials. And they have sales on these with the price around $250.

I drew this last nite using an online app. It's a ring to help mount and aim some fog lights I want to install in my bumper. Now I need to buy the kids a printer so I can print these!

View attachment 110060

https://www.monoprice.com/product?c_id=107&cp_id=10724&cs_id=1072403&p_id=13860&seq=1&format=2&utm_source=cj&utm_medium=_content=13144547_13860&utm_campaign=171122_blackfriday&ref=cj&AID=13144547&PID=2210202&utm_term=Slickdeals+LLC-1122587

I would build that on my lathe and mill, but I'm old school.
I know this is a necro thread, but felt the need to boost my thread count.

Latest posts

Top Bottom