3D Printer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Durn it, now you have me thinking about getting the wife a Christmas present :)

Looked into a refurbished Maker Select V2 for about 50 bucks less than new but new includes free shipping which makes the price difference only about $20.00. Might as well buy a new one.

Code MPSV2 will drop the price of the new model of the Maker Select V2 to $254.99. The code is currently good through the 30th.

SlugSlinger

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
About 6 hours too late, already ordered it Durn... should have checked the forum earlier.

I would try to chat or call them. I chatted and they lengthened the timeframe for the code. It's worth $45 bucks.

Good Afternoon,

I am contacting you in regards to our chat session earlier today. The promotion you were attempting to use has now been extended until the 30th of this month. If you are still interested in the product, you can place your order online and the promo code “MPSV2” should apply to Product ID # 13860 now.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know. Have a nice day!

-Pjackso

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would try to chat or call them. I chatted and they lengthened the timeframe for the code. It's worth $45 bucks.

Good Afternoon,

I am contacting you in regards to our chat session earlier today. The promotion you were attempting to use has now been extended until the 30th of this month. If you are still interested in the product, you can place your order online and the promo code “MPSV2” should apply to Product ID # 13860 now.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know. Have a nice day!

I'll check into that later today when the rest of the world wakes up, thanks.

Well durn looks like I may have to finally retire this Windows XP computer. Everything I will need for the printer will only run on Windows 7 and above, preferably the 64bit version. Have the computer but have been reluctant to switch because it will be a major ordeal to upgrade install and get working all the stuff I regularly use. Sure going to take some planning...

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Printer showed up yesterday and right now it is printing one of the samples that came on the memory card that came with the printer. Have no idea what it is, the files are just named 1,2,3 and 4. I selected #2 just for the heck of it. These things are really slow, the one I selected will take a couple hours and it's pretty small whatever it is.

Been researching software, lots of options but all of them require at least the 64bit version of Windows 7 plus a good 3D graphics card. I have a Windows 7 64bit computer but the video card isn't good enough so went through an ordeal trying to find an affordable 3D video card. Part of my video card ordeal is in the thread I started below. Have a second one coming from eBay, first one I bought wouldn't work in the computer I needed it to work in. Returning it but going to cost me a 20% restocking fee plus return shipping.

You get what you pay for, this printer is a bit of a chore to get setup and adjusted properly plus it needs several modifications to really make it right. Good news is it's a very popular printer and allot of people have posted videos on the net with modifications and how to's.

If your are curious, this is one that shows some of the modifications I will be doing to mine as time presents. Kinda cool that the printer itself can make many of the parts needed for the modifications.

Already decided once I get a computer working and decide what 3D CAD software I will use first thing I will be making is tool holders for the shop. Things like a rack to hold nut drivers and various tools for my electronics bench. The printer will live in my office, have permanent a spot picked out for it but like anything else need to rearrange a few things.

Should be fun, I hope....

amcardon

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My first printer should be here today. Technically it's a gift for my son so I will do my best to refrain from opening it and setting it up. It's an Anet A8 and have purchased the parts to do the AM8 upgrades. I also have an Anet A2 that should be here any day. Once we get them both set up and running I'll decide if we keep both or get rid of one. I have some OCD issues where once I get focused on something it becomes all-encompassing, this included.

BReeves

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure your OCD issue is a bad thing, I have the same problem but it makes us get stuff done and projects completed. I have a friend that seems to have 15 projects going and never completes anything.

The test piece turned out to be a chair and it actually turned out pretty durn good. Think I have the nozzle a little close to the bed, it was a bit of a chore to get it pealed off. It's now making the first parts for the bed adjustment mod I am going to do. Didn't think to raise the nozzle a bit before starting this print (actually lower the bed). Next time...

D. Hargrove

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
once you get the bed height set a few times correctly, you will be able to do it by simply looking at the nozzle as it rests a few inches from each side of the hotplate. Cura if a really easy program and I have found the interface less system intensive as well. I have printed Angled Foregrips, AR pistol grips, 1911 grips and a bunch of ornaments this week. ENJOY, the possibilities are endless...

Latest posts

Top Bottom