400 guns stolen from UPS, ATF offering cash reward

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
https://www.wmcactionnews5.com/2018/10/01/guns-stolen-ups-atf-offering-cash-reward/
400 guns stolen from UPS, ATF offering cash reward
By WMCActionNews5.com Staff | October 1, 2018 at 9:46 AM CDT - Updated October 2 at 10:15 AM

PS: I JUST HEARD ON THE RADIO THAT THE GUNS HAVE BEEN RECOVERED----GUESS WHERE
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
ARE YOU READY FOR THIS?
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
V
CHICAGO!!!:faint::rollingla:rotflmao::rollingla:rotflmao::rollingla:rotflmao:

https://wreg.com/2018/10/02/sources-350-guns-stolen-in-memphis-intercepted-on-way-to-chicago/
Sources: 364 guns stolen in Memphis intercepted on way to Chicago
Posted 8:44 am, October 2, 2018, by Eryn Taylor and Stacy Jacobson, Updated at 03:14PM, October 2, 2018

Last edited:

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
.22 and .380's and from the article.

Turnbo doesn’t have a criminal history in Cook County, Illinois, but Jackson has an extensive one dating back to 2102 for things like residential burglary, theft, retail theft and criminal damage to property.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Memphis must be a hot spot. According to that article, a number of firearms were stolen from the same facility before. I would have thought that after one such heist that UPS would have updated security on firearms.
I read that as well, and wondered the same. Most of their facilities are metal buildings that can be accessed with a screw gun that is battery operated.
I'd think a secure area would be available. But there is always that chance they had that and it was an inside job.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Memphis must be a hot spot. According to that article, a number of firearms were stolen from the same facility before. I would have thought that after one such heist that UPS would have updated security on firearms.
About 25 years ago, they did.

Sorta.

They changed their rules so handguns had to be shipped overnight because, reportedly, they had a problem with employees stealing them. Apparently, all it really succeeded in doing was driving up costs for dealers. You know, that one thing that all security theater measures do...

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

About 25 years ago, they did.

Sorta.

They changed their rules so handguns had to be shipped overnight because, reportedly, they had a problem with employees stealing them. Apparently, all it really succeeded in doing was driving up costs for dealers. You know, that one thing that all security theater measures do...

Actually, that second article had a mention of a theft just last year with a shipment of guns going to Louisiana.

Latest posts

Top Bottom