44sp and CFE pistol

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
Any of you folks have any experience with this combo? Was always interested in trying some CFE Pistol . Academy has it on hand so guess where I am going to be tomorrow LOL.
Any way , if you have any insight it would be appreciated.

PanhandleGlocker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen Banned
Reaction score
I’d say it’s capable.

I use Win 231 for lighter recoiling 41mag loads. My plan was to use CFEPISTOL originally but tried the 231 first and liked it. If I remember right the powder charges were somewhat close to the same charge for both powders.

I use CFEPISTOL in 9mm and 45acp. Love it for both of them. I know it’s “Copper Fouling Eraser” but I used it on some cast boolit loads in 45acp.

okierider

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I’d say it’s capable.

I use Win 231 for lighter recoiling 41mag loads. My plan was to use CFEPISTOL originally but tried the 231 first and liked it. If I remember right the powder charges were somewhat close to the same charge for both powders.

I use CFEPISTOL in 9mm and 45acp. Love it for both of them. I know it’s “Copper Fouling Eraser” but I used it on some cast boolit loads in 45acp.
I have W231 anjd load info for that but am looking for excuses to buy a different type powder.... But just looked and I have like 7 pounds of 231 .... may want to work that up and see what's what LOL.

Latest posts

Top Bottom