Reloading newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Buy it all!
Anything to cast bullets (or boolits) yourself, i.e., molds, mold handles melting pots, ladles, etc. Also any lead, tin, antimony, solder, etc. Any reloading books, or any other history or technical data he had. Computer software for load management would be good, too. Like the man says, "Buy it all!" Or at least as much as you can.

panayoti

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Get a good scale and scale check weights. Stick to the reloading manual. Don't substitute. Start at the low end and work your way up. The max powder charge may not be the most accurate. Brass varies so use starting chg at when changing components namely brass and bullets. Also get a bullet puller for screw ups.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anything to cast bullets (or boolits) yourself, i.e., molds, mold handles melting pots, ladles, etc. Also any lead, tin, antimony, solder, etc. Any reloading books, or any other history or technical data he had. Computer software for load management would be good, too. Like the man says, "Buy it all!" Or at least as much as you can.
Dont forget the powder and primers! 🙂

I was once invited by a friend to go look at some reloading stuff that a coworker of his had to liquidate for someone, probably 25 or so years ago.

I picked out some stuff and went about my way. Buddy was not too interested in much!

Thought about it later and told my buddy to ask his coworker what they wanted for it all.....

Yep, went back and bought it all.

Granted it was not "$50000" worth of stuff, but was a good load.

Sold some of it shortly after.
Shoulda kept that Square Deal B in 9mm, but thats life! 🤪

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dont forget the powder and primers! 🙂

I was once invited by a friend to go look at some reloading stuff that a coworker of his had to liquidate for someone, probably 25 or so years ago.

I picked out some stuff and went about my way. Buddy was not too interested in much!

Thought about it later and told my buddy to ask his coworker what they wanted for it all.....

Yep, went back and bought it all.

Granted it was not "$50000" worth of stuff, but was a good load.

Sold some of it shortly after.
Shoulda kept that Square Deal B in 9mm, but thats life! 🤪
Pretty sure several of us mentioned powder or components but for a guy new to reloading it definitely bears repeating. :)

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
Pretty sure several of us mentioned powder or components but for a guy new to reloading it definitely bears repeating. :)
Really not getting an actual list, just random suggestions. I have a list of all items they have for sale, I guess I could post the list and then everyone could just tell me what I need off the list.

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here's the list to pick from. This is not a complete list and a few items on the list has already sold but tell me what would be good to get off the list for myself and if other people want stuff off the list that I don't need I will relay in order to the seller. I think the best thing would be someone to buy it all as a whole and then resell as they see fit.
20231210_153713.jpg
20231210_153801.jpg
20231210_153832.jpg
20231210_154229.jpg
20231210_154427.jpg
20231210_154054.jpg

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I do not know what caliber you shoot so can't suggest what to get.

I do not like greased bullets today after getting into powder coating.
So those lubers and sticks of wax not for me.

H4350 you can't go wrong with even if you only load pistol you can use it for trading for pistol powder.
The 231 powder is good stuff for a lot of things.

I myself would buy all the full unopened powders for sure.
Probably get opened ones if they were cheap enough but not paying anywhere close to retail for those.

V max and A max bullets in rifles are very accurate and I have a love for them and they kill deer and hogs and anything else in Oklahoma just fine.

Matters what the prices are what you shoot and how deep your pockets are as to what you should get.

Look here to the left and research prices.
https://store.thirdgenerationshootingsupply.com/
This guy does not rape you on prices and it is where 90% of my reloading stuff come from.

Latest posts

Top Bottom