Reloading newbie

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s you some pictures @Ray Guns
I will do my best to help you with more explanation or pictures just ask.
1AE296C3-9B8E-449A-A13E-9C681EE17B10.jpeg
E226FE58-745C-4453-B4FF-CDCD523A92FF.jpeg
D8968DDE-C92F-4C73-9FF9-C8DC038B7E78.jpeg
69188E0E-68CF-4493-91CD-5343692AF359.jpeg
824191F5-701B-44C1-9936-88DD9AE91490.jpeg

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
More pictures. Yeah I think you should go back to where you got it like you mentioned and look for things you see in these pictures I’m posting.
50E9DA39-40E9-4F9A-94E9-BF847E9C164C.jpeg

^ finished cartridge chute/bin holder
FCE42A96-ADF3-4E38-A542-068DB133AC25.jpeg

^Look for blue boxes like these. They could contain many things you need
04D5DB7E-B612-49A2-A1B5-FA19C2103859.jpeg

These tubes with colored ends are for picking up and dispensing primers
0185A247-D62D-493D-9ABD-E58C52E46E0C.jpeg

^ this is a primer slide. You’ll need two. One for small primers and one for large or atleast one slide and the two different sized silver cups, anvil and spring.

RidgeRunner45-70

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Go

Go to the Dillon website and look at the complete rig. That will at least give you an idea what you're looking for. BL550 See if you can download the manual, which should give you a better idea what comes with it. As it sits I don't think it's worth $440, and you're still going to need a couple of hundred dollars of other parts unless they have the dies & conversion kits for the calibers you need or want.
Just call Dillon directly. Subscribe to the Blue Press, its free. They will walk you thru this process.

SNAKE PLISSKEN

"The name is Plissken"
Special Hen
Reaction score
More pictures. Yeah I think you should go back to where you got it like you mentioned and look for things you see in these pictures I’m posting.
View attachment 436635
^ finished cartridge chute/bin holder
View attachment 436636
^Look for blue boxes like these. They could contain many things you need
View attachment 436637
These tubes with colored ends are for picking up and dispensing primers
View attachment 436638
^ this is a primer slide. You’ll need two. One for small primers and one for large or atleast one slide and the two different sized silver cups, anvil and spring.
I haven't actually picked it up yet, I went to buy some archery equipment and they told about all the reloading stuff for sale. I called dibs on the press and whatever else I need. After I get armed with some knowledge I will go back and buy the press and everything I can find that goes with it or that I will need. After that, the owner has asked me to spread the word for a lump sum buyer for all remaining goodies. I'll keep you guys posted and thanks for all the pics and advice from everyone! Makes me confident with all y'alls support!

Spider27monkey

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has brought this up yet, when you do start loading your own, take notes.
Keep a spiral, or a three ring binder. Write down the date, caliber, primer used, OAL, powder used, how many grains of powder, what bullet, bullet weight. Then once you put your reloads into a storage container, mark the container with that info as well (I use a strip of masking tape).
Then once you shoot your reloads, it's probably a wise idea to make notes on what loads work better in each of your guns.

BillM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think anyone has brought this up yet, when you do start loading your own, take notes.
Keep a spiral, or a three ring binder. Write down the date, caliber, primer used, OAL, powder used, how many grains of powder, what bullet, bullet weight. Then once you put your reloads into a storage container, mark the container with that info as well (I use a strip of masking tape).
Then once you shoot your reloads, it's probably a wise idea to make notes on what loads work better in each of your guns.
And as much as I love computers, don't depend on a computer to keep that info for you.

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I started out using a spiral notebook, then graduated to a ring binder with my own custom data sheets.
Lately I been sticking my targets in with the data sheet.

And recently I started adding the place and page number where the load data originated.

Latest posts

Top Bottom