45/410 handguns

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 45lc/410 pistol is a terrible idea. Nobody should seriously consider them for defense.

What has been your experience with this type of firearm? After all the favorable comments, I do want to here some of the negative side. Which one do you have or had, and what were the issues? Thanks,

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What has been your experience with this type of firearm? After all the favorable comments, I do want to here some of the negative side. Which one do you have or had, and what were the issues? Thanks,

Why would I want to own one of those? It’s a gimmick firearm with marginal ammunition performance and limited ammunition capacity. It’s larger than a Glock 19 sized handgun and has a less effective range. The special ammunition costs more than premium 9mm defensive ammunition that meets the FBI criteria for defensive ammunition.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
i1285.photobucket.com_albums_a589_caojyn_2C309966_3321_46EE_A12F_54E856F2B8B4_zps5vmvsfkd.jpg

Then there was the Rossi trailjudge that never went into production

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why would I want to own one of those? It’s a gimmick firearm with marginal ammunition performance and limited ammunition capacity. It’s larger than a Glock 19 sized handgun and has a less effective range. The special ammunition costs more than premium 9mm defensive ammunition that meets the FBI criteria for defensive ammunition.

Thousands of people do own them, and you spoke in such a way that it appeared that you did have one. Thank you for your thoughts, but I'm only looking for the opinions of those who have actually have experience with them.

HiredHand

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thousands of people do own them, and you spoke in such a way that it appeared that you did have one. Thank you for your thoughts, but I'm only looking for the opinions of those who have actually have experience with them.

And millions have chosen to carry semi-autos with better ammunition choices.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Here's my thoughts. I don't own one, but not saying I won't either. On the contrary, I probably will at some point. I don't see it as a great defense option; but it is an option.

If someone is going to buy a revolver for defense, they do need to shoot it. I think some have applied the mythical deathray status of the 12ga shotgun to the .410 Judge, and that is a recipe for disaster, IMO. If one can operate and shoot a Judge effectively, with real ammo, then use it. I think a K or L frame 4" in .357 would be easier to shoot well, and not have much if any weight penalty.

I intend to get one if/when we move back to the country; because to me it serves the purpose of being a snake/vermin gun with the capability of handling larger critters if needed. The "shot" cartridges for .38 are pretty meager in terms of power.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom