.45 gap fad or rad?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jwryan84

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The .357 SIG. Now THAT'S a gun/round I never had any desire to own. :disappoin

357 sig is a 357 mag in an auto loader, except with a 12-13 round magazine. A revolver man like you should love that comparison.

I shoot the sig, its more expensive and its accurate. It's also powerful as hell in an auto loader. OHP seems to think it has some mustard too.

Guess to each his own.

Cowman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
My Glock 37 is my duty weapon. It has been the most accurate glock of the many I have owned. The 37 is the issue of I think now 6 state police forces. Lets see 6 goes into 50 equals 12 percent. Heck it might be only 5. That is still 10 percent. It has proven to put a toe tag on in New York State. With one round. Shoot it you might like it.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
357 sig is a 357 mag in an auto loader, except with a 12-13 round magazine. A revolver man like you should love that comparison.

I shoot the sig, its more expensive and its accurate. It's also powerful as hell in an auto loader. OHP seems to think it has some mustard too.

Guess to each his own.

Yes, I am a revolver man, but the .357 Magnum is NOT my caliber. :disappoin

I value my ears and eyes way too much to shoot .357 Magnum loads. :yikes2: IMO, .38 Special works just fine for me. If I need more punch than that or .40S&W, I grab the scattergun. :thumb:

Reaction score
creative solution to a non existant problem... 45 GAP and ... 357 Sig.

Pretty much. Now. But let's not forget that the .357 Sig and to some extent the .40 S&W were creative solutions for an *arguably* existing problem, for citizens in the USA, from 1994 to 2004. For those that wanted a .355 bore gun, and were limited to 10 rounds regardless, ten rounds of a .355 bullet going faster (.357 sig) made more sense than ten rounds of a .355 bullet going slower (9x19), arguably. Now, since 2004, I agree - put it in the same category as .45 gap.

mmcbeat

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
A round without a real purpose. I think the only some PD's use it is super incentives from Glock. Pure and simple, Gaston wanted his own round. I don't think it will be around for the long haul.

AKguy1985

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Being the Grock fan that I am :rolleyes2 I've always said I would like to have an OD 37, just because A) Glock invented/created the .45GAP (Glock Automatic Pistol) and B) Glock more or less made the OD poly frame famous. They didn't invent the first OD framed polymer pistol, mind you, I think that title goes to either HK or Walther, but Glock made them popular.

If I could find somebody with an OD Glock 37, I'd probably trade my 3rd gen G22 for it. :thumb:

Maybe... ;)

I know the ACP re-loaders sure love the GAP. Especially when they are picking up brass. :pms2:

and again you have a 3rd gen G22 :thumb:

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never quite understood the rationality for the 45 GAp round. The 40 S&W will provide the same ballistics with 180 gr. bullets with the same frame size. I thought it was an attemopt to cater to 45 cal fanciers with smaller hands - a somewhat limited market.

Latest posts

Top Bottom