5.7x28 ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DutchEnglander

Marksman
Reaction score
So I'm watching people hit man sized paper at 200 yards with a dot in a 5 inch 5.7x28 pistol... and PSA has them with two 23 round mags for 400 bucks.... should I sell all my 9mm stuff and get the wife and I one each? Lol no need for a 9mm carbine if handguns are shooting flat at 100. Ammo is down to 50-60 cents a round for the cheap ****. But I still need to find me a place to rent or borrow one.

Any opinions on the round itself vs 9mm?
Any experience with the PSA rock?

Anyone have a 5.7 pistol I can test drive near Lawton?
Paul Harrel’s videos have made me choose against it. What can it do that a 10.5” 556 with 55 grain ball cant? (Body armor threats are so unlikely and the response to plates is still head, pelvis, anything with flesh no matter what youre shooting short of a 308 or 50 BMG)

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Paul Harrel’s videos have made me choose against it. What can it do that a 10.5” 556 with 55 grain ball cant? (Body armor threats are so unlikely and the response to plates is still head, pelvis, anything with flesh no matter what youre shooting short of a 308 or 50 BMG)

Fit in a pistol that can be easily concealed and defeat soft body armor ... Its not a rifle vs pistol choice mostly its a pistol vs pistol choice

Two Gun Warrior

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
So I'm watching people hit man sized paper at 200 yards with a dot in a 5 inch 5.7x28 pistol... and PSA has them with two 23 round mags for 400 bucks.... should I sell all my 9mm stuff and get the wife and I one each? Lol no need for a 9mm carbine if handguns are shooting flat at 100. Ammo is down to 50-60 cents a round for the cheap ****. But I still need to find me a place to rent or borrow one.

Any opinions on the round itself vs 9mm?
Any experience with the PSA rock?

Anyone have a 5.7 pistol I can test drive near Lawton?
looks like the S&W without the safety and $200 cheaper. I have one of S&Ws and it shoots good haven't tried it out to 200 yards yet.

ssgrock3

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For $400 heck try one out. I like the ruger 57, but it’s big for a carry piece, so the 9 wins anything in the conceal carry category

Attachments

• IMG_8087.png
    IMG_8087.png
    1.1 MB · Views: 0

WoodsCraft

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't think it will have the knock down the 9MM has but maybe more terminal damage.

There’s no such thing as knock down power and before you mention the TKO you really need to understand how and why Taylor formulated it.

It had nothing to do with humans or 99% of the animals which walk on the earth and everything to do how long an Elephant would be stunned before getting back up after being shot to the head which didn’t kill the animal . Taylor used the TKO as a mechanism to time how long he had to deliver a killing shot before the animal recovered and ran off or stomped him to death