5 Hogs this Morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ozark Tracker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
caught these going through the back yard early this morning, grabbed my AR 15 with full metal jacket bullets, shot the first one, he dropped 21 feet from my feet, they broke and ran right, shot the one in front, they broke left, pretty much just the way you'd want them to go so you could shoot most of em, the last one fell at about 75 yards from me, there were 7 of them that I saw, I got 5 of em. all but 1 of em only took 1 shot. those full metal jackets really popped em.

Attachments

• Picture 845 (Medium) (Small).jpg
    Picture 845 (Medium) (Small).jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 285

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Nice shooting! Is it legal to use FMJ's on game? are hogs considered "Game" or would nuisance animals be treated differently under the law?

Not trying to rain on your parade, just curious, as I have thought of hog hunting with my AR.

Danny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd have to check the newest regs, but Feral Hogs were not considered "game" in Oklahoma the last time I checked. They were legal year round here.

I don't know how Arkansas is since Hogs are their State Bird. :D

Ozark Tracker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the hogs are nusience animal over here too. I've tried this before with a bolt 270 and I just got 2 hogs that time. that AR sure made it a lot easier than with the bolt.

there are so many of the hogs around, but this time of the year, they are so hard to see, we have forrest on all sides of us and the pasture is growing to be baled for hay. winter is my preferred hog hunting time.

Latest posts

Top Bottom