5 Hogs this Morning

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bullbuster

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Been there done that a couple times back in CA on hogs. No more as its a pain cleaning that many at one time. I do all my own butchering so its even more troublesome. But it sure saves on the $$$ from the store and butcher with a full freezer.

Congrats on the porkers. Atleast ya had a short drag distance.

Mitch Rapp

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Very well done!!!!!!

And don't worry aobut the FMJ's We dont care...

Yeah, sorry, I didn't mean to put a damper on what you did, it was some stellar shooting.

I have thought of hog hunting with my AR and would want to shoot FMJ's for better penetration. I hope you understood the tone of what I was saying. Was not trying to jump on you.

Ozark Tracker

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad you brought it up, I was kind of the opinion that it would probably be alright when it wasn't deer season. I'm afraid a soft nose bullet might open too soon in the AR, I've had trouble with hollow points in 243, blast out a hole but no penetration.

mike_pinto

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
the hogs are nusience animal over here too. I've tried this before with a bolt 270 and I just got 2 hogs that time. that AR sure made it a lot easier than with the bolt.

there are so many of the hogs around, but this time of the year, they are so hard to see, we have forrest on all sides of us and the pasture is growing to be baled for hay. winter is my preferred hog hunting time.

If you ever need another shooter or two, let me know! :)

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
This little little piggie went to dinner, this little piggie went to dinner, this little piggie went to dinner, this little piggie went to dinner, and this little piggie went to dinner. They sure were delicious. GOOD Shooting!

ewheeley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'd have to check the newest regs, but Feral Hogs were not considered "game" in Oklahoma the last time I checked. They were legal year round here.

I don't know how Arkansas is since Hogs are their State Bird. :D

There are no regulations regarding specific calibers, bullet weight, or bullet types used to hunt feral hogs. Any game wardens I've talked to have encouraged killing them by whatever means possible as long as you observe general hunting safety. I'm hoping to get out to Fort Chaffee WMA this fall to try them out.

Latest posts

Top Bottom