5 people shot dead in Albuquerque!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just read this story on yahoo news. Of course the left winged media is already trying to make it about an "assault weapons" piece again. It is really getting old. And the media and everyone else wonder why these kids and others keep on killing. This teen will get exactly what he probably wants, to be a national celebrity thanks to the media. Just sickening. And this is also more fuel for the anti's to try to strip our rights away. Here is the story from yahoo:

SANTA FE, New Mexico (Reuters) - A teenage boy with several weapons including an assault rifle shot and killed five people, three of them children, at a house in Albuquerque, New Mexico, authorities said on Sunday.

The boy, whose exact age had yet to be determined, was arrested and charged with the killings which took place late Saturday night, said Aaron Williamson, a Bernalillo County Sheriff's Department deputy.

"The victims all had multiple gunshot wounds, and there appeared to be multiple weapons, including an assault type weapon," Williamson said.

The children appeared to be "elementary- to middle-school age," Williamson said. The boy was charged with two counts of murder and three counts of child abuse resulting in death, he said.

He said it had not been determined whether the weapons were from inside the house or brought from somewhere else.

It also was not yet clear whether the five people killed were related or what the relationship was between the teen and the victims.

The nation remains on edge about gun violence after a man killed 20 schoolchildren and six adults at a Connecticut elementary school in December using an assault rifle, sparking a renewed debate about gun control.

President Barack Obama has proposed a new assault weapons ban and mandatory background checks for all gun buyers, and New York on Tuesday broadened its assault weapons ban and restricted the allowed capacity for ammunition magazines.

Several other states also are considering whether to tighten gun controls.

The use of assault weapons is legal in New Mexico, although state lawmakers are considering bills that would tighten gun control laws and require background checks for nearly anyone buying a firearm.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just read more about the shooting. One victim is a former Chaplain for the fire department. And there were 3 children that were also murdered. It is reported that multiple gun shots were done on each victim. But you know as well as me that the media always gets the initial investigation wrong. It is reported that there were multiple firearms recovered at the site. And one was an assault rifle. Of course that has to be thrown in there. Why is it here lately that any shooting that takes place has to involve this rifle? But these rifles are very popular so its no wonder they are being used a lot. And the shooter is reported to be 15 as well! Just horrible. I just can't wrap my head around the notion of a 15 year old murdering a bunch of people. Especially children. But it is warped nonetheless.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You are right about the media messing up the story's facts. When I first saw the news story on Yahoo! News this evening, the "idea" of the crime being committed with an AR-15. I checked back later because I couldn't find the story on another source I use and the story was gone.

Now, its back up but the reference to a possible AR-15 was this:

"Authorities said each victim suffered more than one gunshot wound, and several guns were found at the home, one of which was a semi-automatic military-style rifle. Investigators were trying to determine who owned the guns."

Also, instead of the mention of a "military style" rifle being in an early paragraph in the story, it was the 9th paragraph. I guess they decided that they better get their facts straight before going ballistic on "the gun."

fastadam

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thats is horrible. And no gun laws would have prevented a 15yr old kid from taking a weapon that wasnt locked up.

I just dont understand the thought process that leads you to killing inocent people much less children. This isnt Call of Duty. Its real life....its mind blowing.

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm disgusted by the fact that the initial story about a tragic crime included any mention of the gun control agenda. I'm also wondering if the poor victims are any more dead, or if they suffered while dying any more if they were shot with a modern sporting rifle than if they had been shot with a cheap handgun? Why is this even relevant? I can't believe that our opponents are so willing to write these gun control pieces in the blood of victims!

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
For all we know from reading the story, a victim could have owned the rifle, and it could have been locked away. Just because something is found at the scene doesn't indicate it was used in the crime.

Latest posts

Top Bottom