6.5 Grendel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
You have a store JJ? Gonna need to come visit!

I too have a Grendel, LaRue flavor and she shoots good, .4XX MOA good with ELD. I bagged my first deer with it last year, 125ish yard shot using SST-- DRT... Entered, lung and heart shot, never exited. The damage to the entry wound was not significant, the internals were mush, and no damage to the other side.

IMO, the Grendel is a good solid round. I don't have the problems that everyone else talks about with it being over gassed, extractor issues, etc. Mine runs like a champ and as good as any other AR platform I own.

We can sit here and argue about anything and everything, but at the end of the day, if it does what you want it to and you like it, that's all that matters.

I think some of the problems arise when people tried to change Bill Alexander's original design. The original had a .136 bolt face (SAAMI, Type 2) and was stronger. The Type 1 has a .125 face and you can use 7.62x39 bolts. I have heard of issues with type 1 gas and bolts, but type 2 seems a lot more consistent. Never mix type 1 and 2 bolt/barrels.

Latest posts

Top Bottom