6.5 Grendel

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Neanderthal

In Remembrance / March 2023
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cool. I was going to say I've seen bird cages hurt group sizes by over 1" at times but it wont matter if its temporary.

Yup. I don't think it cost me much more than a muzzle nut and it's just to hold me over for a bit. What type of muzzle device did you go with on yours?

Also, if you aren't a member of 6.5Grendel forum yet, you should! There's a ton of useful information there. I knew nothing about this caliber not too awful long ago, now I'm convinced that it's the greatest thing since Raspberry Zingers.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yup. I don't think it cost me much more than a muzzle nut and it's just to hold me over for a bit. What type of muzzle device did you go with on yours?

Also, if you aren't a member of 6.5Grendel forum yet, you should! There's a ton of useful information there. I knew nothing about this caliber not too awful long ago, now I'm convinced that it's the greatest thing since Raspberry Zingers.
It’s a pretty cool caliber in AR platform for sure. I run mine with a cheap YHM can all the time. My son can flop down and ring steel first shot to beyond 600 all day long. He’s 10. Super fun gun. You’re gonna love it. The store has some of that cheap wolf 6.5 Grendel ammo if you want to try it. A lot of people love it. Of your best option for hunting but a great plinking round. As cheap as 5.56.

Neanderthal

Special Hen
Reaction score
It’s a pretty cool caliber in AR platform for sure. I run mine with a cheap YHM can all the time. My son can flop down and ring steel first shot to beyond 600 all day long. He’s 10. Super fun gun. You’re gonna love it. The store has some of that cheap wolf 6.5 Grendel ammo if you want to try it. A lot of people love it. Of your best option for hunting but a great plinking round. As cheap as 5.56.

I picked up a case of the wolf 100gr. stuff last week. It's not bad, but I will be getting some better stuff soon too. Do you have any recommendations for a scope?

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I picked up a case of the wolf 100gr. stuff last week. It's not bad, but I will be getting some better stuff soon too. Do you have any recommendations for a scope?
I really like the Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56 with mil dot. Mainly because of how the yardages line up with the mil dots. But it’s also great for low light and it’s night vision compatible.

Attachments

• 6C83998C-B323-4F70-954D-8CFEAD0198FC.png
    6C83998C-B323-4F70-954D-8CFEAD0198FC.png
    96 KB · Views: 107

Neanderthal

Special Hen
Reaction score
I really like the Trijicon Accupoint 2.5-10x56 with mil dot. Mainly because of how the yardages line up with the mil dots. But it’s also great for low light and it’s night vision compatible.

Man, that looks nice! I'm not sure if I can afford that yet though. I guess it depends on whether I get scope or a can first. Decisions.

kirk1978

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, I got Goldilocks together this weekend and shot it. I haven't shot it for accuracy yet (still mulling over which scope to use), but did fire a few boxes of ammo through it to check for function. Works great, zero malfunctions. I probably shouldn't have let my wife shoot it though, she is trying to stake her claim on it now.

I wanted a good "all around" rifle and I'm pretty happy with the results. It's built from a Colt Competition rifle that has been cerakoted Burnt Bronze. The barrel is Faxon - Button rifled, hybrid 5R 1:8 rifling, "bull" chamber, black nitrided (bolt and barrel matching type 2 from 6.5 Grendel forum group buy). The handguard is Parallax Tactical Super slim, lightweight M-Lok, also cerakoted Burnt Bronze. Trigger is a blue drop-in unit.

Now I need optics. View attachment 121394

Very nice!!

chazroh

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I understand. I got a suppressor about a year ago, its Awesome, it’s the best non gun purchase I’ve made, wish I would have done it years ago!!!

Latest posts

Top Bottom