6.8SPC build now underway.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which mags are you thinking about using??? Have you seen any complete uppers for a decent price while looking around different sites.

The C-Products or Stoner 10rd mags to start. Still looking for cheaper ammo - Federal was supposed to be producing some but I haven't seen it.

The cheapest complete uppers I've seen were $800+ I'm not going to save a ton going piece by piece - but I'll be getting the pieces/look that I want.

jmike314

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
[Broken External Image]

Not trying to throw a stick in your build but take a look at this.

Seen it. I debated/researched 6.5 Grendel v. 6.8 SPC for hours upon hours...days upon days. Trajectory, speed, impact energy, range, ammo availability, manufacturer support, etc.
From the start, I had planned on building a solid 300yd hunting rifle in the AR15 platform.
From what I can gather, under 300yds it's a "pick'em" between the 2.
I chose the 6.8 SPC for the slightest of advantage in energy a2 200yds and under.

Now of course, this is the main reason why I chose to build/purchase my upper in 2 phases with the 2nd part being the bolt & barrel. I'm still reading and researching...nothing is set in stone until I fire the 1st round.

January project complete:

i1324.photobucket.com_albums_u607_jmike314_7E014814_15F3_4226_BDD7_11BCDD4A27D5_zpsoirlxggc.jpg

i1324.photobucket.com_albums_u607_jmike314_DBF6120F_E6AA_4431_915A_6423A669EEA1_zpsdilnicjd.jpg

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Seen it. I debated/researched 6.5 Grendel v. 6.8 SPC for hours upon hours...days upon days. Trajectory, speed, impact energy, range, ammo availability, manufacturer support, etc.
From the start, I had planned on building a solid 300yd hunting rifle in the AR15 platform.
From what I can gather, under 300yds it's a "pick'em" between the 2.
I chose the 6.8 SPC for the slightest of advantage in energy a2 200yds and under.

Gotcha, then either would be a good choice. I debated the same thing but my father and I hunt antelope in Wyoming when we can get up there so I needed something to reach out a little further. I went with this......

[Broken External Image]

ByrdC130

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Getting a killer deal on a stripped lower is how my 6.8 SPC came about. Stumbled on a CMMG piston upper and the rest is history. Really like the 6.8 and ammo is fairly easy to find and comparable priced to other calibres. I'm going to reload once I get low on store bought stock.

Now I did buy one of the Fat Boy Tactical smokin' deal lowers, wonder what it should become???

93 FOX

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Getting a killer deal on a stripped lower is how my 6.8 SPC came about. Stumbled on a CMMG piston upper and the rest is history. Really like the 6.8 and ammo is fairly easy to find and comparable priced to other calibres. I'm going to reload once I get low on store bought stock.

Now I did buy one of the Fat Boy Tactical smokin' deal lowers, wonder what it should become???

300 Blackout.

Latest posts

Top Bottom