7.62 54R ammo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

OK Bowhunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Checked on the Aim site and if you order 2 tins the price is 72.95 each, shipping UPS ground is about 32.00. After looking at the different ammo for sale on the web I believe the Brigadoons ammo is Romanian, but I could be wrong. Next time i will pay better attention.

poopgiggle

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I BELIEVE that steel-core Soviet surplus uses a mild steel that shouldn't hurt steel targets, but don't hold me responsible if you try it and mess up your nice silhouettes.

z06man

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
All but the AP rounds should be mild steel, but I wouldn't be surprised if they would still ding up a steel target. They're still going to be way harder than lead.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Cheaper than Dirt has great pricing on the 440 rnd cans. For folks in OK its typically one day shipping from CTD even if you just get the cheapest freight possible. Would definitely check them out. Their ammo IS corrosive but most of the cheap milsurp 7.62x54R is that I have found. They have other options too, more modern stuff that's reloadable but obviously its more $$$.