7.62x39 AR question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dewayne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I got a cheap upper from psa and got a couple questions.
Will a 5.56 rail work with a 7.62x39 barrel?
What mag runs the best?
Thanks in advance.

lasher

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
CPD Mags run good in my X39's. Didn't the upper you bought come with a handguard, the AR rail system are all the same in my experience, maybe i don't understand what you mean by 5.56 rail

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
ACS magazines are the most reliable for 762x39 ARs. As for hand guards, assuming you're talking about a free float hand guard, any will work unless PSA used a proprietary barrel nut (unlikely with PSA)

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
ACS magazines are the most reliable for 762x39 ARs. As for hand guards, assuming you're talking about a free float hand guard, any will work unless PSA used a proprietary barrel nut (unlikely with PSA)

They don't. I checked before my first post. Even their hybrid KS47 uses standard upper parts.

rc508pir

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They don't. I checked before my first post. Even their hybrid KS47 uses standard upper parts.
For the most part, it uses standard lower parts as well The only parts that are different are the front take down pin and the mag release.

But....... I seem to remember that PSA did have some handguards that did use proprietary barrel nuts a few years back though I dont believe the still do. In either case the OP said his came with a standard AR plastic guard and that would have a regular nut

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
For the most part, it uses standard lower parts as well The only parts that are different are the front take down pin and the mag release.

But....... I seem to remember that PSA did have some handguards that did use proprietary barrel nuts a few years back though I dont believe the still do. In either case the OP said his came with a standard AR plastic guard and that would have a regular nut

Almost all of their "PSA" free float guards use proprietary nuts. As far as I know at least. I sure wouldn't count on any of them working with some other handguard. Some of their uppers are pretty good deals if you are ok with a no-name free float.

Latest posts

Top Bottom