870 Question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Let me preface this by saying: This is going to sound dumb. Ok now that that's out of the way.....

I have an 870 express Super Mag that I hunt with. Runs like a top, no problems. I changed the stock and forearm on it and now (not all the time), after a shot it ejects the spent shell fine, but fails to pull the the second shell from the magazine tube. Sometimes it only pulls the second shell halfway, sometimes it functions properly.

Can anyone diagnose this for me? Is this "short-stroking" I never had a single malfunction with it when the wood furniture was on it, but I don't see how that would make a difference.

Feel free to point and laugh.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the new forend binding in anyway at the bottom of the cycle? I've heard of guys having problems with new forends not working properly on the super mag. Did the new forend replace just the grip or the grip and the action bars?

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Is the new forend binding in anyway at the bottom of the cycle? I've heard of guys having problems with new forends not working properly on the super mag. Did the new forend replace just the grip or the grip and the action bars?

Just the forend, action bars weren't replaced.

Big-Tex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would check to see if it's binding up/rubbing at any point once the forend starts to overlap the action. It might need some light sanding or dremel work.

Latest posts

Top Bottom