'94 and '86 weapons bans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To the folks with many more life experiences than I on here, what were the motivations of those bans that passed earlier? I was too young to know or care much about what was going on at those times. it wasn't mass shootings and murders of children, what were the motives of those bans? Lets talk history.

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is true, they've always tried to restrict it. If you're wondering what events were used to excuse it, Reagan had Sarah Brady in his face for years after her husband took a bullet for him which led to the '86 ban.
I think Ruby Ridge and Waco were the excuses used for the '94 ban.

toehanus

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Uhhhhh...no where in this thread do those words in that sequence appear.

Didn't say it did. I had just been reading the news and this was the first place I could vent about the stupid high capacity nonsense

I reckon I'm just grouchy. My apologies to all for the placement of my statement, but not the content of it.

@toehanus

WTJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
NFA '34-FDR pushed, as gangsters were local heroes and people were pissed at the .gov. St. Valentine's Day Massacre was the 'event' used.
Challenged in US v Miller. The entire case is a comedy of errors and was first giant slam to 2A.

GCA '68-LBJ pushed after assassinations of JFK, RFK, and MLK. Pandering to his voting block along with his Great Society program-the father of welfare and .gov health care. Oh, the emotional horror. Prior to this, virtually all guns could be bought mail order, even from the .gov.

FOPA '86-Started as a measure to rein in the ATF, but some assclown named Hughes from NJ tacks on a transfer ban on fully automatic weapons, Rs compromise, as usual, and Regan signs. There were actually a few good measures in this. Hughes is responsible for MANY encroachments on various freedoms and is rewarded by Billy C. with an ambassadorship to Panama, probably to facilitate the continued movement of product.

The alleged 'ass halt' weapons ban of '94-Total diversionary tactic staged by Billy C and his minions, with the benefit of pandering to the Greater Northeast Co-prospherity Sphere and the California Communal Republic of Peace and Love.

The common thread: The same as ever, the Northeasterners, Commiefornians, and Urban Dwellers are NOT our friends. It's like a whole 'nother country, and I do not mean Texas.

cobra1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
IIRC Bush #1 halted the IMPORT of weapons as a Knee-jerk reaction to what Patrick Purdy did. This is what caused the price of HK's AK's (the gooderns) Galils Uzis and such to skyrocket, I have an HK94A3 in my safe I paid $250 for, saw one on GB last week went for $6300, this is Bush #1's fault. This hurt us more than anything Clinton did.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=323927643

Latest posts

Top Bottom