95 Ford

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

montesa

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Waiting to kill the rat before I splice in the new injector connectors. Then put it all back to get her and see if she starts.
I found a mouse made a nest in my transmission bell housing. I will probably vacuum it all out soon but for tonight, I'm letting him be. He doesn't know theres a rubber cover I can pull off and catch him with his pants down.

You gotta poison that rat or something. They pissed in my vent system. Ate through the shifter boot. All kinds of other things that are hard to fix. Every day he is in there makes a new problem.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A Toyota tundra I had in the past had a mouse get into the cabin filter box and built a nest on the filter, then went and died somewhere in the ductwork. It was winter and the stench from running the heater was overwhelming. No matter the temps, had to drive with all the windows open for a month until the carcass dehydrated and quit smelling.

Mr.Glock

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
But the dog can get to a dead rat. That's why I don't use poison . I don't want a dog or cat to eat a poisoned rat or mouse.

Price to pay if a dog eats a dead rat. None of ours has died in my lifetime. Rat poison makes them go to water, usually away from said barns/shops. Half a million in equipment is more important than the risk of a dog!

OHJEEZE

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope you have better luck with yours!

In 2012 I bought a 96 f150. 300 6, 5 speed manual, 4x4, dual gas tanks and air conditioning, and I think it has a posi rear.

If I remember right less than 75,000 miles on it.

It is retired now, it never made it to 100,000 miles.

Front coil springs broke
Front rear axle spring mounts rotted off.
Gas tanks rotted.
One of the filler necks rusted through.
Transfercase shifter broke
Front axle u-joints sounded like the needles were slightly missing when first try of the 4x4 in a turn.
Brake lines burst.
The design of the steel wheels it had held water in a area behind where the spokes was welded on and developed holes that then leaked air.

I believe the upper coil spring mounts, and rear leaf spring mounts for the rear axle was changed before buying it.

Had some computer problems we could never figure out.

My worst truck ever.

It is patiently awaiting me getting a fresh oxygen bottle and some spare time to cut the frame up under the cab and make a beater trailer from it.

Then try to sell off the front half!

Latest posts

Top Bottom