9mm Load info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

minman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm new to reloading. I have a Lee 1000 press set up for loading 9mm. I have a 1 lb bottle of Win 231 powder, a couple hundred bullets lead cast bullets from J&K bullets in 125g round nose. I'm just wonder what a good load I should start out with? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
minman, let us know how that load performs. i've loaded clays for so long just looking for something different. i have some 231 but usually use it in a bit larger caliber although it works fine in 9, just haven't done it yet.

blutch

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dlbleak - what's your load for Clays for that 125gr cast? I just got a bottle of Universal Clays and want to load up some.

B

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
dlbleak - what's your load for Clays for that 125gr cast? I just got a bottle of Universal Clays and want to load up some.

B

Oops! About to possibly make an boo boo here.

Easy mistake to make; Clays and Universal Clays are not the same stuff. Don't know why the manufacturer choose two names so similar.

minman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks for the info. I didn't get to any reloading over the weekend, but this week I might be able to get to some loads. I'll try starting at the 3.9 gr at 1.125 COL and work up to 4.4 gr and see how those shoot. I'll let you guys know how these work with the Win231 powder.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'll let you guys know how these work with the Win231 powder.

My experience is that 4.0gr 231 under 125gr lead works a Sigma, but not a Hi Power (fails to eject and chamber). May have to adjust for your particular gun or change recoil spring.

Rod Snell

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Have you come up with a good one for a Hi Power?

Not really. I've decided to use the Precision Delta jacketed for full-power loads in both HiPo 9 and Hi Po 40. Neither one really likes the plinking loads, and by the time I'm getting to full power, the lead load was showing some spreading in the group. You might be able to try another powder and get better results--I just quit on the lead in the HiPos, since the jacketed are really accurate.

Latest posts

Top Bottom