9mm Load info

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Both the Browning High Powers I once owned had bigger spec bores, in the range of .357. It took .357 diameter lead bullets to get good accuracy. Slug your bore and see what you have.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I just built some J&K 125 LRN's on about 4.0 to 4.1 of Win231. Unfortunately, I haven't had a chance to shoot any of them yet.

I was running 4.8gr of W231 with 115 JHPs and they were flawless. Smooth, soft and cycled with zero questions.

After you get to the range, let us know how they fire. I'll do the same as soon as I can.

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
dlbleak - what's your load for Clays for that 125gr cast? I just got a bottle of Universal Clays and want to load up some.

B

Oops! About to possibly make an boo boo here.

Easy mistake to make; Clays and Universal Clays are not the same stuff. Don't know why the manufacturer choose two names so similar.

buzzdraw is correct. universal clays and clays are no the same. however, universal is a great powder with many options. the older bottles of clays had a recipe of 2.5 i believe. don't quote me on that as i can't find much info now on 9mm and clays. i just loaded up some rounds with 4 gr of 231. i'll see how they do. blutch, check www.hodgdon.com for universal loads

TonyT

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Ok, so I'm new to reloading. I have a Lee 1000 press set up for loading 9mm. I have a 1 lb bottle of Win 231 powder, a couple hundred bullets lead cast bullets from J&K bullets in 125g round nose. I'm just wonder what a good load I should start out with? Any suggestions?

Thanks!

Send me your e-mail and I'll send you the page from the W-W 14th Edition reloading manual.

Latest posts

Top Bottom