A big thanks to Buzzdraw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

okiebertt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Just wanted to give a very big and public thanks to Buzzdraw for giving up his entire Saturday training a few of us to be IDPA SO certified. He ran a good class and answered every question I had for him. It's people like Jack that make shooting the best sport there is. Thanks.

BravoOne

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Absolutely!!! I now have A LOT more clarification on several things I hadn't quite understood before... And I get to be an official SO ;) Not bad LOL

Thanks so much Jack!!! It was a great time & am lookin' forward to shootin' with you in the future!!!

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Another +1 here too.

I do have to say, the "live action" practice was fantastic. The first one I ran, I completely froze after the shooter finished and it took me a second to realize I had to tell him to unload. I'm so very glad I had the chance to do it as practice first!

Thanks Jack!

Buzzdraw

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dang I missed another class! Any chance there is another one on the horizon?

Typically I do one of these classes a year in Tulsa at Oil Capital Rod & Gun. The total time commitment on my part is basically twice the class time, so I try to get the biggest "bang" for my time spent. I put a lot into my classes, to include props, special handouts, demonstrations and such. I'm not into it for the bucks, as the small fee ($10) shows.

The current IDPA HQ class program is a MINIMUM 8.5 (exclude lunch & breaks) of instruction time. The program includes about 6 hrs of Access-supported classroom, a written test and 2-3 hrs of range exercises.

In the past, I've traveled to other distant locations in Oklahoma to conduct Safety Officer classes. These were typically in conjunction with that location being ready to start their own IDPA Club. I'll travel again for this purpose, as my time allows.

Jack

ProBusiness

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Jack for your class, time, and dedication to the sport. It is great to be able to shoot IDPA monthly.

it has taught me how much there is to learn about 'shooting'. it shows me how ignorant i was about handguns before i started shooting IDPA. the sad thing was is that i thought i was in decent shape to defend myself. Then i started shooting IDPA and boy did that open my eyes.

some people who take the ccl class need some training concerning actual shooting including grip, target selection, thinking while shooting, etc.

Thanks Jack.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I put a lot into my classes, to include props, special handouts, demonstrations and such.

Yessir, you do, and it shows! The fact that you had hands on demonstration equipment brings a lot to your curriculum. Hats off sir!

Latest posts

Top Bottom