A completely reasonable way to deal with the new wave of open carry morons.....

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
[video]http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=589_1345502474[/video]

I'm sure some panties will get tight around here though....

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
kind of reminds me of the video that was shot in OKC, where an "Occupy" guy baited a group of State Troopers. Creating a scene/ confrontation to engage and bait cops is probably not the wisest choice one could make.

alank2

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi,

What really annoys me about these guys is that they just don't get it. They give fodder to the anti 2a crowd with these types of stunts. See how their video is portrayed? Also, now anyone who open carries is labeled a crazy open carry "activist" instead of a normal person going about their day who happens to also open carry. Probably their very video will be used by anti 2a politicians to show that "the laws need to be changed".

I don't plan to open carry much, but if I'm dressed well and feel like I would represent open carry in a positive way by doing so, I may from time to time with a reasonable choice of firearm.

The officer handled the situation very professionally. Still, I'd like to see a day where an open carrier going about his or her business isn't seen as out of the ordinary.

Out of sheer curiosity, would someone carrying an ar15 pistol slung over their back fit the new open carry law? Is this something we might see?

Good luck,

Alan

vicious

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I think it was handled in an awesome manner. He seemed to truly appreciate the 2nd amendment rights as well as open carry. Heck, he seemed more open to it than it appears most on here are, and I can only hope that the officers in our great state are as cordial.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
The officers handled this well. I wouldn't have been angery about the stop, but would have been a little PO'ed about him repeatedly dryfiring my 22.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
+1 to officer.

He didn't really "repeatedly dryfire" the gun, he function checked it to make sure it did function as a semi-auto.

IMO, this issue needs to be treated like the "frog in the pan". Going around strapped with a Desert Eagle in a drop leg holster in full tac gear is dropping the frog into a hot frying pan. We ought to start out slowly. Inconspicuous belt holster (or shoulder holster) with "normal" handgun. And be respectful of those around you; especially towards those who can toss you in jail if they think you are disturbing the peace.

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Outstanding example of a professional LEO IMO. The guy was being a drama queen and looking for trouble.

The officer even invited them to the citizens academy where they would get a chance to fire automatic weapons and suggested that they apply for the reserve officer program.

caojyn

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
With my luck he would have broken the firing pin "function checking" my 22 (not that I would carry a 22).

"Sir, I'm just going to perform a function test"...click ..."Well it doesn't, you have a nice day." lol

Latest posts

Top Bottom