a little rant about H&H...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
... The biggest thing is when someone has a bad time in our store, 9 times out of 10 they do not let anyone know at the range what happened so we can take care of it!!!

That's why I posted this. I know there are several H&H guys on the board. I knew it would be seen.
I would have asked for a manager at that time, but when I get hot about something, I have to make sure I get calmed down at least a little bit or it would come out all wrong and things would never work out correctly.
That's why i left. I wasn't ready to deal with anyone else FTF at that moment. My kid was ready to go, I was ready to blow and it just would not have gone well at all.
I'll be back tomorrow at lunch time, testing my 1911 and what not. I'm not going to boycott or anything.:wink2:

jeffsoward

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No idea whether it is the case but maybe they were so enthralled with their storytelling practice session that they thought you were a new student in teh same class? :flamed:

It's kind of funny, I actually let my kid (8 years old) play with the display stuff a lot more than normal, just hoping that he would say something. I kept him from breaking anything, but i let him pull all the handles over and over and "play" them like a war machine, just hoping to get some reaction, while staring at him the whole time.

Wind

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Don't be shy if you've waited for a salesman and they don't seem to have time because they are BSing.
I've got their attention more than once after waiting for a bit by simply asking if they are paid to visit or to help customers.
If they're rude after that, I'll go to their boss.
And if that doesn't work, they won't see me in their store again.
I will say that sometimes the salesmen get hit by dozens of tire kickers and have to listen to know-it-alls or done-it-alls and may not have much patience with someone they think fits that bill.
Just don't let them ignore you if you are spending money.

gmar

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score

I'm glad to hear you have a great attitude and are open to suggestions. With people (mainly guys with the Alpha Male attitude) it's hard to accept suggestions. It sounds like you really belive in the company you work for and with your perceived attitude, you can make some positive changes in H&H's customer service. If so, I may be willing to spend some extra money in there even though your prices are higher which I don't mind as long ad the extra service warrents the extra amount. It basically comes down to...can H&H provide a service that would make the average Oklahoman pay a few extra dollars for a firearm? It's up to you guys to persuade us!

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would have asked for a manager at that time, but when I get hot about something, I have to make sure I get calmed down at least a little bit or it would come out all wrong and things would never work out correctly.
That's why i left. I wasn't ready to deal with anyone else FTF at that moment. My kid was ready to go, I was ready to blow and it just would not have gone well at all.

thats my #1 proble,i treat my customers with the utmost respect and i expect the same in return so when im delt a hand like you were i cant keep my mouth shut:scream: but you handled it very well, CONGRATS,of a man than i couldve been...:D

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
Way back in the early 90's I was at the outdoor America store. The had a Wildey 45 Winchester Mag. If I recall correctly, they wanted $1100 or so for it. I offered to buy it if they would throw in a box of shells (I think about $50). They refused. So I said OK, if you'll give me the shells for half price, I'll buy the gun. No deal. A year later the gun was still sitting in their counter.

Lesson there is that pistol was a speciality item...not a lot of people will drop $1100+ on a pistol, still fewer will drop it on an oddball pistol like that.

I have bought a few guns from them over the years, but my experiences have never been all that great.

I've been to H&H twice and they have always been helpful.

tm8634

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear you have a great attitude and are open to suggestions. With people (mainly guys with the Alpha Male attitude) it's hard to accept suggestions. It sounds like you really belive in the company you work for and with your perceived attitude, you can make some positive changes in H&H's customer service. If so, I may be willing to spend some extra money in there even though your prices are higher which I don't mind as long ad the extra service warrents the extra amount. It basically comes down to...can H&H provide a service that would make the average Oklahoman pay a few extra dollars for a firearm? It's up to you guys to persuade us!

ABSOLUTELY, 110%...:yelclap:

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The last time I was there I was told to take down target because it had a face on it. I was using an old CLEET target and I even told the guy that I was an LEO. Well, that was about 10 years ago and I have never been back.

I don't care for indoor ranges and that is why I joined Tri-City. Most of my experiences at H&H have been good. No complaints.

However, OAS usually acts like you are bothering them or ignore you. I will spend my money elsewhere.

I like Big Boys because they have excellent service and good prices. That is why I purchase firearms from them. So is King's Gun & Pawn.

Customer service.... It makes a difference.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom