Prayer Request

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KipK

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
:thumb::thumbup3:Amen brother, my Dr said to go to a dementia support group or licensed counselor if needed. We are here to help each other.I have never been to a support group but might need in the future.

After my brother passed 6 yrs ago, I was referred by my doctor to GriefShare and it was beneficial.
I've researched for support groups for caregivers here in Edmond but not much came up.

n423

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to go to support groups when you're needed at home and can't leave them alone. Right now I'm still able to be gone for very short errands and things have been OK. The other day wife put a metal coffee mug with a plastic lid in the microwave for a warm up, luckily I saw it pretty quick and shut it off, but it did melt the lid down into the coffee mug. I have now gotten rid of the metal coffee mugs. It makes me think maybe I shouldn't leave her alone at all, even for my 20-30 minute errands.

I know what you mean about it kind of hitting you, I look at a picture of my wife from 7-8 years ago and think to myself, I miss that person.
I pray for wisdom and patience to make the best decisions I can concerning our situation.

I am sorry my friend. My wife hasn't got to that stage yet. .
I will pray for you and wife. I am only part ways on this journey. My neighbor next door told me he had dementia 4 yrs ago, now he can't drive or speak where you understand him. I just talked to his wife yesterday. She said he is very weak.
Never had to deal with this stuff before. God help us.

Last edited:

KipK

Marksman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hard to go to support groups when you're needed at home and can't leave them alone. Right now I'm still able to be gone for very short errands and things have been OK. The other day wife put a metal coffee mug with a plastic lid in the microwave for a warm up, luckily I saw it pretty quick and shut it off, but it did melt the lid down into the coffee mug. I have now gotten rid of the metal coffee mugs. It makes me think maybe I shouldn't leave her alone at all, even for my 20-30 minute errands.

I know what you mean about it kind of hitting you, I look at a picture of my wife from 7-8 years ago and think to myself, I miss that person.
I pray for wisdom and patience to make the best decisions I can concerning our situation.
I've unplugged the stove, my mom burnt her fingers trying to feel if the burner was hot. I have a Kasa camera so I can check on her while I am at work. The cameras are relatively inexpensive and provides me a piece of mind.
All my best.
Kip

Latest posts

Top Bottom