A public fund that could assist you with some of your prescription drug payments

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
They have funded these funds again for the beginning of the year. I applied and got a grant for my REPATHA.

Explanation, I used to get it with a manufacturer's assistance for $5. After I got on medicare, it's $600 a pop. Medicare won't pay it because the drug number doesn't match what they have in their database, how convenient.
snoopy-happy-dance.gif

https://www.healthwellfoundation.org/

The best part about it is the results are sent to you within a few minutes of your electronic submission. DO NOT CLICK OUT OF THE WEBSITE AFTER SUBMISSION!!!

The doctor's nurse got this information from the pharma rep.

Last edited:

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thank you, sir! I know a few people who might benefit from this. I'm passing it along.

BTW - There are other similar programs out there from some of the drug companies themselves. My gastro doc wanted me on a GERD drug that was gonna' cost me $300 a month out of pocket. I said no way, and his nurse said, 'how about free?' She got me the paperwork, helped me fill it out, the Doc did his part, and mailed it in. I have to re-apply every year, but I just started my second year of getting it free. Point is ... there are a number of programs out there to help if you and/or your health care providers will do some looking.

Thanks, again, Scott!!!

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I am doing the paperwork to see if I can get some assistance with my diabetic meds. I hit the donut hole a few months into the year and the rest of the year have to do without some meds.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
UPDATE:

It turns out my medicare Rx was Humana now it is Centerwell. THe grant is from a sub of centerwell called Healthwell.

I just ordered my expensive drug and it completely paid for the $500+ per prescription co pay!

snoopy-happy-dance.gif

John6185

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Doctor's offices have a stock of medications to give away that are left by drug salespeople. Sometimes they volunteer the medication and other times one has to ask.

Snattlerake

Conservitum Americum
Special Hen
Reaction score
Doctor's offices have a stock of medications to give away that are left by drug salespeople. Sometimes they volunteer the medication and other times one has to ask.
My supply of that ran out last month. The old hard luck story only goes so far.

Latest posts

Top Bottom