AAR on Lake Hellums Gun Range

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Don (DRC458) and I went up to what used to be Red Rock facility north of Enid. The first impression was one of a neat, orderly place, one that looks like it is a well-run business.

At the present time, they have three ranges, one an indoor pistol range an outdoor rifle range and what they call their 'private' range. We shot at the indoor bullseye part, and I asked them about the rules, specifically, whether there was a 'speed-limit' (no more than one shot per a specified time interval, and was somewhat surprised when they did NOT have one.

Perhaps a few of you may remember this old thread.

https://www.okshooters.com/threads/ranges-and-self-defense-skills.277025/
I asked if they would think about permitting movement while shooting, drawing from the holster, along with other defensive activities, and much to my surprise, they said that I could do this at the private range.

It's a bit more expensive to shoot at the private part of the range, but the development of actual defensive skills that using it would make possible, would make it most worthwhile.

I'm quite happy that I now have a place to shoot once more.

Don, do you want to chime in here?

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They've done a ton of work to the range(s), and the indoor range is now air conditioned! They hope to have their FFL within the next month. We talked briefly about hosting an ENS at some point in the future, and they are certainly interested in that. Some of you will remember it from a previous ENS when it was Red Rock Firearms. Well, it has been completely revamped/remodeled. Many upgrades.

gerhard1 making some confetti ...

G1.jpg
G2.jpg
G3.jpg

I actually had two 'good' arms to shoot with for the first time in over a year-and-a-half. Not that I did well! I put various loads through the PPS M2 and the G48. Looks like I might need to adjust some sights ... and/or my shooting abilities!

D1.jpg

D2.jpg

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking about an update on this place the other day. How are they doing Gary? I need to get dad out there. He has a new Glock 44 he needs to shoot.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I was thinking about an update on this place the other day. How are they doing Gary? I need to get dad out there. He has a new Glock 44 he needs to shoot.
They seem to be doing well in the physical plant aspect. The range is aways neat and tidy, and they do some ammo for sale. I don't know how they are doing in a business sense, but they don't seem to be terribly busy. I always try to get there fairly early before the working crowd arrives, so I don't know how crowded they are later in the day.

I hope they are busy, but I don't know for sure.

I notice that you live in Edmond. You are aware that range is north of Enid, right?

Last edited:

dlbleak

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Supporting Member
Special Hen Administrator Moderator Supporter
Reaction score
They seem to be doing well in the physical plant aspect. The range is aways neat and tidy, and they do some ammo for sale. I don't know how they are doing in a business sense, but they don't seem to be terribly busy. I always try to get there fairly early before the working crowd arrives, so I don't know crowded they are later in the day.

I hope they are busy, but I don't know for sure.

I notice that you live in Edmond. You are aware that range is north of Enid, right?
Yessir, I was born and raised in Enid. Mom and dad are still there. I try to get dad out to shoot when he feels up to it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom