above the law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They didn't uphold their oaths (if it happened as reported...). Sharpton's dream of federalizing all police departments may come true unless we see some good cops speaking out loudly against this kind of thing rather getting mad at people who talk about it...I'm just sayin'. This case sounds like roid rage; what would have happened if the husband had CCW permit? Would he be tried if he had defended himself and his wife from their attacker?

http://www.infowars.com/elderly-cou...-breaks-mans-nose-smashes-teeth-out-with-gun/

"Mrs Akers was driving the car, when she was suddenly rushed upon by a large unmarked black truck. Fearing that the truck was going to collide with their vehicle, she honked her horn.

“To let him know, hey, you’re coming over to hit us, and then he backed down, got behind us, and honked and honked and honked, all the way through the intersection,” said Janet.

Not knowing that the driver of the truck was a cop, Mrs Akers pulled over to attempt to diffuse the situation, and suddenly found herself and her husband under attack at gunpoint.

“I didn’t know if he was going to shoot us or what,” said Donald, who admits he was in fear for both their lives.

However, the off duty cop used the butt of the gun to pistol whip Mr Akers in the face.

“He hit me right across the nose with it, broke my nose, my sinus cavities, broke my teeth.” Akers told reporters.

The officer then began fighting with Mrs Akers as she tried to stop the attack. Bystanders were alerted by the struggle, and jumped in to break up the fight.

Mrs Akers called the police, and officers arrived, but simply made the situation worse.

“The police came, and went over directly to him. And they were all talking, laughing, joking around,” she said, adding “We feel like they knew him right off the bat.”

Instead of calling for medical attention for Mr Akers, and reprimanding the attacker, the uniformed officers instead treated the couple as if they were criminal suspects, and searched their vehicle.

“They never searched that guy’s truck. He had the gun,” Donald said.

“I thought they were going to shoot my husband, and I was really scared for that.” Janet further noted, fearing the cops would seek retribution against the couple.

The St Louis County Police refused to release the name of the off duty officer, saying that an investigation into the incident is ongoing. "

snipes

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Nobody is Above the Law
nico.jpg

Sincerely,
Nico

sh00ter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
my primary reason for posting this was to get people thinking about the CCW factor...if these on-duty guys acted as reported, can you imagine what they'd have done if this man had defended himself against the attacker? It could happen in OK; I know people pile on BB whenever there were stories like this in the past. But simply reporting a real story and being scrutinized for it would be the same as reporting crime statistics and being called a racist...the messenger didn't contribute to the message...but I know we've had some issues on the forum with the "cop bashing" so hopefully this thread won't bring any of those back out without having to re-invoke the fairness doctrine hehe.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
my primary reason for posting this was to get people thinking about the CCW factor...if these on-duty guys acted as reported, can you imagine what they'd have done if this man had defended himself against the attacker? It could happen in OK; I know people pile on BB whenever there were stories like this in the past. But simply reporting a real story and being scrutinized for it would be the same as reporting crime statistics and being called a racist...the messenger didn't contribute to the message...but I know we've had some issues on the forum with the "cop bashing" so hopefully this thread won't bring any of those back out without having to re-invoke the fairness doctrine hehe.

I'm done with being treated like I have some kind of bias with regard to my moderation of threads regarding law enforcement. Henschman stated that threads about off-duty officers were outside the rule about posting LE issues, when, in fact, they are not.

My moderation ... and posts with regard to law enforcement issues ... stand on their own merit. Anyone who believes that I moderate these issues with anything other than a very light touch, or believes that I am biased needs to pull up my posts with regard to any LE thread here and re-read them.

You are welcome to PM me if you have any other comments to me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom