above the law

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ConstitutionCowboy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
There is a part of the opening post that needs to be addressed. The Federal(Feral) Government has no power to form a national police force. (First off, we are not a nation. We are a union, but that is a topic for another thread.) The only power the Union has been granted to enforce(execute) the laws of the Union is in Article I, Section 8, Clause 15. The only force the Union has vis-à-vis its laws is to call forth the militia. Article IV provides for the Union to protect a state from domestic violence but the Union can only provide that protection upon the request of the state. There is no power for the Union to create and support any permanent standing police force.

Woody

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Technically speaking, it's the other way around. Otherwise you'd be dragging (drawing) several body parts (quartered) to the town square for execution. Kind of defeats the purpose as stated :wink2:

Ha! I dunno, man ... if I saw somebody dragging body parts covered with blood and pieces of a police uniform around town, I'd sure think twice about becoming a JBT ... :wink2:

Good catch, btw ... I completely missed it ... :rollingla

furlong222

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
the problem with the "good cops" is they don't report the "bad cops".....a write up on excessive force turned in to the Capitan would go a long way toward stopping this kind of thing....

instead, you get situations as described - with the good ole boys laughing and joking about the abuse of the citizen.....

the law enforcement community is much like the muslim world.....most are decent but will not clean their own house....

sanjuro893

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
the problem with the "good cops" is they don't report the "bad cops".....a write up on excessive force turned in to the Capitan would go a long way toward stopping this kind of thing....

instead, you get situations as described - with the good ole boys laughing and joking about the abuse of the citizen.....

the law enforcement community is much like the muslim world.....most are decent but will not clean their own house....

A lot of times, good cops DO say something and are chastised by their superiors and given punishment assignments as a result. A clean house starts with the top down.

Latest posts

Top Bottom